Photography Business Tips – Roundup of Our Best Free Tutorials
Running a successful photography business requires more than great photography skills. In fact, as a successful photography studio business owner, you’ll spend more time on the marketing, sales, HR, accounting and other administrative tasks than you will actually photographing and post-producing your images.
We’ve created a full, comprehensive training system on the business of photography, including courses on setting up your business, marketing/SEO, pricing and sales. If you’re interested, you can check it out here. If you’re just looking for the best free photography business tips that we have from SLR Lounge, see the resources listed below.
Marketing Business Tips for Photographers
Good marketing for a photography business requires a multi-pronged approach that includes SEO, social media, directory listings, professional networking and more. Here are some of the best free marketing business tips on SLR Lounge:
- How to Market Your Photography Business
- How to Steer Clients to Your Most Profitable Package
- 5 Ways To Get More Photography Clients
- How to Prepare Your Freelance Career
Starting a Photography Business | Tips and Tricks
Taking the leap and starting your own photography business can be daunting. Leaving a consistent paycheck behind and exploring the unknown is never easy. Here are a few of our best free tutorials on starting your photography business.
- Starting a Photography Business | Things I Would Tell Myself Part 1
- How To Start A Photography Business: Creating The Business Plan, Part 1
- How To Start A Photography Business: Creating The Business Plan, Part 2
General Photography Business Tips
Below are some of our favorite tutorials and tips on the general business of photography. In the articles below, you’ll find tips and inspiration to help you stay focused and succeed.
- Should You Go into a Photography Business with Partners?
- Basic Tips on Starting a Wedding Photography Business
- How to Start a Photography Business: Creating the Business Plan, Part I
- 4 Hard Photography Truths
- Lessons From A Quitter Podcast – Why You Don’t Need Passion To Create A Successful Business
Beyond Photography Business Tips
If you’re looking for more than just tips and tricks, we have a full, comprehensive business training system for professional photographers. Click here for more information, or view the trailer below:
What would you like us to talk about? What questions do you have? Please comment so that we can create content to help you!