Phase One has pushed out the first major update for Capture One Pro 10. Capture One Pro 10.1 is ready to play ball with numerous improvements in addition to bringing a plethora of new features including support for compressed Fujifilm RAW files and support for the Sony a9.
Any Fuji photographer can attest to the difficulty in finding RAW processors which process files as great as the camera can produce. Capture One Pro 10.1 brings improved X-Trans file support and tools including the LCC, Chromatic Aberration Analysis, and Purple Fringing suppression tools offer a better way edit or handle Fujifilm X-Trans raw files.
The powerful RAW editing software now supports X-Trans files via OpenCL and Fuji Compressed RAW format files.
Phase One clearly has made a priority of listening to their users when it comes to features, and the latest update proves they still are looking to improve. Capture One Pro now fully supports reading of layered PSD-files. This makes it possible photographers and editors, who routinely use Photoshop in their workflow, to use Capture One seamlessly, providing an improved control of your image editing workflow.
The Styles section has been redesigned, allowing for faster selection, allowing for faster previews. Include as well a master reset function allowing for easy and quick before/after viewing of processed images, something that I missed when switching from Lightroom.
- PSD file viewing support: Now photographers can send and receive working assets to and from Adobe Photoshop, setting the stage for the Capture One workflow to serve as a front-end asset manager for Photoshop;
- Improved X-Trans file support: Fujifilm camera users can now enjoy a newly redesigned RAW handling process, making their X-Trans files more flexible than ever while they are using Capture One Pro, and enabling tools that were not available in previous versions;
- A new master reset function allows quick and easy before/after viewing of images;
- Enhanced Styles workflow: A redesigned Styles user interface makes Styles selection easier and speeds up the style workflow;
- Tokenized Watermarking supports image-specific watermarking, both for processing and for print (great for filename-based references on contact sheets);
- Vectorscope Orientation for color wheels is now available;
- Apple Script Enhancements enable Mac users to automate tasks more effectively.
- Sony A9
- Nikon D5600
- Nikon D3400
- Fujifilm X-T20
- Fujifilm X-A10
- Fujifilm XQ2
- Panasonic TZ85/ZS60/TZ80
- Panasonic TZ100/ZS100/TZ101
- Panasonic FZ2000/FZH1
- Panasonic GH5
- Pentax K-70
- Pentax KP
Capture One is an continues to be an industry leader when it comes to color control editing workflow. Capture One Pro 10.1 is available now for all current Capture One Pro 10 users. You can download it here. If you have yet to try it for yourself, Capture One Pro 10 is available for a 30-day trial here. You can find out all about the new features in the latest update here.