Yongnuo Announces New 2.4GHz RF605 Triggers; Complete With New LCD, 6 Groups, and 16 Channels
Yongnuo has long been known for their simple and affordable, yet incredibly reliable, radio triggers. Today, the Chinese company announced their latest radio trigger: a transceiver, the RF605.
Right off the bat, since I know you will all be curious, the RF605 WILL be compatible with Yongnuo‘s previous models, the RF602, RF603, and RF603II’s. But as for new functionality, the biggest feature upgrade is the addition of grouping. Users can now set up groups of lights to be triggered in different groups. The RF605 is also compatible with grouping using the YN560-TX.
The RF605 also has a pretty big design change from the previous models, and sports the addition of an LCD for easy use. The new model also supports up to 16 channels, and has an advertised range of up to 100 meters or ~330 feet. That’s still not PocketWizard range, which can be effective up to 1600 feet, but 330 feet is still very respectable.
These new RF605 units also come with a maximum flash sync speed of 1/320th, and are powered by two AAA batteries. Unfortunately, no pricing or availability has been announced yet. But knowing Yongnuo, these will likely start showing up on Amazon and Ebay within the next several weeks.
Yongnuo RF605 Features
- RF-602/RF-603 two communication modes RF605 = RF602 +RF603
- TX/RX/TRX multiple working ways
- A/B/C/D/E/F 6 groups (compatible with YN560-TX)
- Wireless shutter remote control
- Clear LCD screen display, shortcut key operation
- 16 channels
- Communication range up to 100M
Yongnuo RF605 Specifications
- Type: FSK 2.4GHz wireless remote control system
- Transmission distance: 100m
- Channels:16 channels
- Group:6 Groups
- Shutter release: half-press, full-press
- Shutter interface: 2.5mm socket
- Studio flash light interface: standard PC socket
- Max Sync Speed: 1/320 second
- Battery: AAA×2(3V )
- Size : 85MM x 41MM x 35MM
As I mentioned above, we don’t yet know when these new triggers will be available, nor do we know what they will cost. That said, I wouldn’t expect Yongnuo to change prices up too much. I expect these to fall within the same range as the newer RF603 II triggers, maybe a little more.
Modern Preset Pack
Give Your Images a Natural, Clean Style
Mood Preset Pack
Warm, Organic, Boho, Wanderlust Style
Crush Preset Pack
Give Images a Punch with Deep Blues
Pastel Preset Pack
Refined Film Emulation
Retouch, Dodge and Burn and Much More