Sony Announced the New Xperia 1 Mark ii – The Power of a Sony Mirrorless Camera in a Smartphone!
Sony has officially announced its new flagship smartphone, the Xperia 1 II (Mark two), leveraging even more of Sony’s most innovative technologies, breaking new ground in smartphone camera capabilities and elevating the entertainment experience in a mobile device.
This new beast of a smartphone is boasting real-time Eye AF and 20fps burst shooting with continuous autofocus! Combine that with features like a processor capable of performing 60 AF and exposure calculations a second, three lenses including a 12MP 1/2.6″ sensor 16mm equivalent ultra wide f/2.2, a 1/1.7″ 12MP sensor 24mm equivalent f/1.7 lens that has optical stabilization, and phase detection AF with 70% coverage, and a 70mm f/2.4 “zoom” lens, well this pretty much mirrors the Sony a9 capabilities but with the additional benefit of having a smartphone built in!
Basically the layout and features will make sony shooters feel very comfortable as the interface mimics that of the “big brother” alpha cameras. Additionally, the smartphone features 4k HDR video shooting at 60fps and a 6.5″ OLED screen, effectively giving you the best of both photo and video worlds in a small handheld device.
Key Features of the Xperia 1 Mark II
- Triple camera array and 3D iTof sensor incorporating industry-leading Sony Alpha technology and ZEISS optics with T* coating calibrated specifically for Xperia
- Advanced autofocus camera technology enables the world’s first smartphone camera capable of up to 20 fps continuous shooting with 60 times per second AF/AE3 calculations
- Real-time Eye AF for humans and animals
- Photography Pro and Cinematography Pro functions offer more user control over photo, video and movie creation
- 21:9 CinemaWide 6.5-inch 4K HDR OLED display delivers unprecedented color accuracy
- True front stereo speakers, a 3.5mm audio jack, and new 360 Reality Audio with unique hardware decoding to optimize sound quality
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 865 Mobile Platform, with high-capacity 4000mAh battery with wireless charging for optimal speed and performance
Sample Shots Taken With the Xperia 1 ii
Pricing & Availability of the Xperia 1 ii
The Xperia 1 II is expected to be available in June of this year (2020) from Sony authorized retailers and compatible on Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Cricket, and MetroPCS Networks. Official pricing hasn’t been released yet, but based on the pricing of the last Xperia 1, we estimate the price point to be the same or a bit higher, so somewhere near $900-$1200 USD. We’ll be sure to update once we get the official pricing info.
Until then, what do you think of this new device? Is it enough to pull you away from the iPhone world if you’re still locked in there? Are you interested in seeing a phone vs A9 shoot out? Let us know in the comments below.
Modern Preset Pack
Give Your Images a Natural, Clean Style
Mood Preset Pack
Warm, Organic, Boho, Wanderlust Style
Crush Preset Pack
Give Images a Punch with Deep Blues
Pastel Preset Pack
Refined Film Emulation
Retouch, Dodge and Burn and Much More