Phase One Release New ‘Capture One Studio’ and Capture One Pro 12.1 Update
Capture One Pro has been a longstanding industry standard for high-end shoots, incorporating a plethora of features that matter for commercial use. Recently, the program splintered an offshoot in the Express versions for Sony and Fuji, which are pared down and can be used for free with those respective brands. Phase One has just released a new Capture One tier, however, leaving Capture One Pro as the middle ground.
Capture One Studio
Capture One Studio is the newly released solution for heavy-duty commercial use, and it brings to the table some new capabilities designed to accommodate studios with high-volume workflows. Capture One Studio is geared toward “efficiency at scale, workflow management, and automation.”
Per the press release, here’s what Capture One Studio offers to photographers:
- Automation Technology – A powerful scripting language allows you to customize actions, streamline data entry and build intuitive workflows that align perfectly with your team’s needs. (Mac only)
- A single license key – Easily add and remove users with a centralized license system and eliminate extra costs due to staff turnaround. Accurately forecast expenses with a pay-as-you-go subscription model.
- Advanced Guides and Grid – Create Guides as presets for faster work. Transfer guides in the processed files for quality assurance approval or include them as Photoshop guides when exporting to PSD, so retouchers and other users stay compliant with the master specification. Create guides and grids as presets for faster work and utilize them in Photoshop. Streamline multi-user workflows and minimize composition mistakes when multiple team members work on the same image.
- Sync Grids, Guides, and Overlays with the Capture Pilot app – Capture Pilot integration for Grids, Guides, and Overlays allow multiple team members to remotely, review composition, and sizing specifications during shoots, while clients can pick their favorite shots off-set.
- Native Barcode Scanner support – Save endless man hours and redefine your workflow as a hands-free experience by connecting a barcode scanner to automatically name captures as you shoot. Mac users can script actions to further enhance the scanning workflow.
- Next Capture Metadata and Next Capture Keywords -Accelerate workflows and reduce data entry with new tools for applying metadata ahead of the shot during tethered shooting. Combine the tools with barcode scanners and spreadsheets to instantly scan metadata. (Mac only)
- Backup on capture – Reduce risk, save on back-up software costs and protect your assets as you shoot with automatic back-up from a tethered camera to a chosen destination.
- Studio workspaces – Our dedicated team of experts delivers customizable workspaces and craft the ultimate workflows to match your organization’s productivity needs.
- Workspace and Tool locks – Prevent users from altering the interface with Workspace and Tool locks and an admin pin lock for extra security. Eliminate costly interruptions and ensure compliance across multi-user workflows.
- Color reproduction and color profiling (Canon and Nikon Only) – Reduce editing time and save on retoucher costs with fine-tuned color profiling for the most popular e-commerce cameras. Minimize color discrepancies and meet the demands of specialist product photography with more accurate colors out of the box.
[Rewind:] Just Announced: Mastin Labs Is Coming To Capture One And The First Style Pack Is Available Now
Capture One Pro 12.1
Also just released was Capture One Pro 12.1, which is an incremental release to add new features and fix an assortment of bugs on both Mac and Windows. Here’s what Capture One Pro 12.1 users can look enjoy in the release:
- Even better Fujifilm X-Trans data handling
- The ability for Fuji cameras to zoom and pan in live view
- Complete Apple script support
- Support for new cameras and lenses
- A new Grid tool that overlays customizable grids to align your composition with the rule of thirds, golden ratio, or Fibonacci spiral
- Improvements in the Overlay tool
For more in-depth details on both releases, check out Capture One’s site.