Take Incredible Images with Nothing but the Basics
Entry Level Gear,
Professional Level Imagery
Even with standard equipment, there won't be anything "standard" about your images. With every image in this workshop captured on either a Canon Rebel or Nikon D5200, basic sub-$500 cameras, along with standard kit lenses and inexpensive prime lenses are all you really need to begin taking incredible images.
Master Manual Mode & More
Never have to rely on Auto Mode again! Get to know your camera and explore all the fundamentals of photography. Understand technical concepts like aperture and depth-of-field and get essential tips on topics like how to expose for your scene and how to get creative effects in-camera.
Photography 101 isn't only for beginners
Learn something new, no matter your photography level
While beginners will take in an incredible amount of knowledge, this workshop was designed to be beneficial for experienced photographers as well. Only add more to your professional skill set as you learn how to:
- Get the perfect exposure in one shot
- Interact with your subjects to get your desired expressions
- Modify light for different situations
We also talk shop with info on where to buy your gear, what gear to buy, and more. So, even as seasoned photographer, this workshop will not only further reinforce your knowledge but also teach you a few new techniques that will help you continue to improve in your photography career.
1 Workshop, 6 Different Types of Photography
Dive into the Fundamentals of Portrait Photography and More
Couples Portrait Photography
Come along and learn from an actual engagement portrait session and see how you can capture beautifully natural and loving portraits.
Get all the tips and tricks on how to get breathtaking oceanside landscape images as this workshop takes you on location to beautiful Laguna Beach, CA.
Dive right into macro photography as we show you how to capture delightfully delicious food photos
Learn how to shoot, pose and light for fashion photography as we take you on a bohemian styled shoot.
No matter how fast paced sport photography may be, you'll always be prepared! Learn to shoot sports and action and just how to capture awesome action shots by panning with moving subjects.
See how you can setup a scene and prepare to capture those perfectly adorable and candid moments of children.
BASIC PHOTOGRAPHY CONCEPTS
- Introduction | Workshop Format
- The Camera Is Simply a Tool
- How Does a Camera Work?
- How to Adjust Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO
- What is a Stop of Light
- Reading Exposure Via the Histogram
- Blown Highlights or Clipped Details
- White Balance and Color Temperature
- No Such Thing as the Correct Exposure
- How to Measure or Meter Light
- 8 Key Points to Understanding ISO and Image Quality
- Understanding the 3 Primary Metering Mod
- How to Get Perfect Exposures in One Shot
- Equivalent Exposure but Different Images
- Compensating for Light and Dark Scenes
FROM AUTO MODES TO MANUAL
- Starting with Automated Modes
- Auto Mode and Flash-Off Mode
- Portrait Mode on a Fashion Shoot
- Landscape Mode on the Beach
- Sports or Action Mode
- Macro Mode with Food Photography
- Creative Effects Mode – Floral Photography
- In-Camera Processing
- A Glimpse into Raw Processing
Sharp Images & Focusing Techniques
- 15 Tips When You’re Having Trouble Focusing
- 3 Primary Types of Autofocus
- Single Shot with Portrait Session
- Single Shot with Action Shots
- AI Servo with Action Shots
- Focus Recomposing vs AF Point Selection
- Shutter Speed and the Reciprocal Rule
- How to Hold a Camera and Panning Tutorial
Composition, Artistry, & Creating Great Images
- What Makes a Great Photograph
- How to Capture Candid Moments
- How to Find the Right Light Direction
- 5 Basic Compositional Theories
- The Power of Cropping
- Color Schemes
- Diving into the Narrative
- If It’s Not Working With, It’s Probably Working Against
Learning More About Your Camera
- More About Your Camera and Lenses
- Understanding Megapixels
- Crop vs Full Frame Cameras
- Crop vs Full Frame Cameras Demonstration
- Prime vs Zoom Lens
- How the Lens Affects Composition
- Dynamic Range and RAW vs JPEG
- 5 Tips on Memory Cards
- 10 Tips on Buying Gear
- The Good Karma Jar
- Posing and Action Shots with Female Model
- Posing and Lighting with Female Model
- Posing and Lighting Couples Portraits
Q: Are there additional fees for international orders
A: For international orders on physical products, there may be additional customs fee, VAT, duties or taxes that may be applied after your order has been paid. These fees may vary between countries and that need to be paid in order for you to receive your order. Please note that these fees are not related to SLRLounge in any way and are usually determined by the value of your order. We, SLRLounge, are not responsible in paying these fees and any international customer or order assumes these fees when placing an order.