Don't be Afraid to Get your Flash Off your Camera
Lighting 201 picks up right where Lighting 101 left off as we continue developing on all of our previous techniques in lighting, light shaping, and light modification. In this workshop, we will focus on creating amazing images with only the use of a single off-camera flash.
Advanced methods For Professional Results - Anytime, Any place
This workshop will get you all the tools you'll need to learn everything from backlighting your subjects for creative effects, using light modifiers and DIY gobos to manipulate light, and other techniques to help get your images to a professional level!
creative lighting techniques
Don't just aim for corrective lighting when you can achieve beautiful creative lighting that will perfect any scene. We will teach you how to create unique & stunning photos with simple-to-create DIY gobos, inexpensive modifiers, and more.
amazing special effects
Don't let your fear of flash hold you back from creating masterful works of art. Once you nail down the basics of operating an off-camera flash, learn how to incorporate special effects that are sure to wow your clients!
Comprehensive Guide to Lighting Gear
Dealing with far more gear isn't something you should be wary of. This course is designed help you better understand & master the different types of lighting gear and technologies. We'll also discuss everything from pocket flashes to medium-strobe options & everything in between.
One off-camera flash, Endless creativity
We take you behind the scenes on over 20 real-life shoots to demonstrate a number of creative lighting techniques! All the images in this workshop were taken with a single off-camera flash, modified to create different light qualities for each scene.
Get The Full Training System!
If you’ve already purchased Photography 101 and/or Lighting 101, upgrade to the full training system and ONLY pay the difference. Please email us your receipt(s) or proof(s) of purchase (email@example.com) and we will provide you with a discount code in the amount of the difference between the bundle price and the price you have already paid.
- Chapter 1 Intro
- Welcome to Lighting 201!
- OCF = Anytime/Anyplace
- Lighting 101 Speed Review
- Chapter 2 Intro
- Wired, Infrared or Radio?
- “Pocket, Medium, Full Strobe?”
- Our 3 Favorite Flashes “Pocket Strobes”
- 4 More Flashes “Pocket Strobes” Worth Looking At
- Our 2 Favorite Medium Strobes
- Our 2 Favorite Radio Triggers
- 5 Simple Steps to Trouble Shooting Radios/OCFs
- Fantastic ND Filters at Any Price Range
- Our Favorite “Sticks”
- Our Favorite Ultra-Portable OCF Light Modifiers
- 12 Mounting and Must-Have Lighting Accesories
- Gear Setup – Setting Up a Light stand or “Stick”
- Gear Setup – Setting Up a Monopod Light or “Boom Stick”
- Gear Setup – Setting Up a “Medium Boom Stick”
- Gear Setup – Setting Up a Manual Flash “Big Boom Stick”
- Gear Setup – Setting Up a Full Feature Flash “Big Boom Stick”
- Chapter 3 Intro
- 8 Steps to Perfecting Each Scene & Image When Using OCF
- Over Powering the Sun – Part I
- Over Powering the Sun – Part II
- Slow Down! Watch the Details
- More Power Without the Power
- Adding to Existing Light – Part I
- Bare Bulbing with Large Groups
- Black Lighting to Create Interest
- Getting Crazy with the “Whip Pan”
- Chapter 4 Intro
- The Flash Modifier You Already Own
- The Oh-So Powerful Umbrella
- Large Group Shots with an Umbrella
- Exposure Balancing via Lightroom
- Portable Softboxes – Westcott Apollo
- More Light Control, Just Grid It!
- Dusk + Modified Pocket Strobes
- More Power? Medium Strobes FTW!
- Perfect it In-Camera. Then Photoshop
- Adding to Existing Light – Part II
- Adding or Enhancing Light Direction
- Our Ideal Group Lighting Technique
- Incorporating Flares with Flash
- Cutting Light, Grids and GOBOs
- Chapter 5 Intro
- Fog + Flash + Grid = Dramatic Change
- BYOL! The 3-Light Setup That Only Requires One Light!
- What About The Fill Light?
- Backlight + GOBO + Fog = Magic
- Drawing Attention via Light Shaping
- Visualizing Light & Color Shifts
- Mixing Ambient + GOBO w/Flash
- Better Light Can Change Everything!
- Chapter 6 Intro
- Subtle Refinement = Massive Difference
- Great Light Changes Everything! Part II
- Manually Triggered RCS + Shutter Drag
- The Right Power for Each Scene
- Dodging and Burning via Light In-Camera
- Subtle Light for Natural Portraits
- Light Modification & Simple Compositing
- Expanding Your Photographic Vision
Q: Are there additional fees for international orders?
A: For international orders on physical products, there may be additional customs fee, VAT, duties or taxes that may be applied after your order has been paid. These fees may vary between countries and that need to be paid in order for you to receive your order. Please note that these fees are not related to SLRLounge in any way and are usually determined by the value of your order. We, SLRLounge, are not responsible in paying these fees and any international customer or order assumes these fees when placing an order.