DON'T BE AFRAID TO GET THE FLASH OFF YOUR CAMERA
Off-camera lighting isn't as complicated as it seems
Create Amazing Effects
Anytime, Any place
Develop on all your lighting, light shaping, and light modification skills from Lighting 101! Don't just aim for corrective lighting when you can achieve beautiful creative lighting that will perfect any scene with just one off-camera flash.
for Professional Results
Lighting 201 will get you all the tools you'll need to learn everything from backlighting your subjects for creative effects, using light modifiers and DIY gobos to manipulate light, and other techniques to help get your images to a professional level.
Comprehensive Guide to Lighting Gear
Dealing with far more gear isn't something you should be wary of. This workshop begins by helping you better understand and master all the different types of lighting gear and technologies. We discuss everything from budget and inexpensive gear to medium and higher quality gear. All the while, we stress that regardless of the type of equipment you use, you can still end up with professional quality results.
If you’ve already purchased Lighting 101 and you’d like to purchase Lighting 201, please email us your receipt or proof of purchase and we will provide you with a discount code in the amount of the difference between the bundle price and the price you have already paid.
- Chapter 1 Intro
- Welcome to Lighting 201!
- OCF = Anytime/Anyplace
- Lighting 101 Speed Review
- Chapter 2 Intro
- Wired, Infrared or Radio?
- “Pocket, Medium, Full Strobe?”
- Our 3 Favorite Flashes “Pocket Strobes”
- 4 More Flashes “Pocket Strobes” Worth Looking At
- Our 2 Favorite Medium Strobes
- Our 2 Favorite Radio Triggers
- 5 Simple Steps to Trouble Shooting Radios/OCFs
- Fantastic ND Filters at Any Price Range
- Our Favorite “Sticks”
- Our Favorite Ultra-Portable OCF Light Modifiers
- 12 Mounting and Must-Have Lighting Accesories
- Gear Setup – Setting Up a Light stand or “Stick”
- Gear Setup – Setting Up a Monopod Light or “Boom Stick”
- Gear Setup – Setting Up a “Medium Boom Stick”
- Gear Setup – Setting Up a Manual Flash “Big Boom Stick”
- Gear Setup – Setting Up a Full Feature Flash “Big Boom Stick”
- Chapter 3 Intro
- 8 Steps to Perfecting Each Scene & Image When Using OCF
- Over Powering the Sun – Part I
- Over Powering the Sun – Part II
- Slow Down! Watch the Details
- More Power Without the Power
- Adding to Existing Light – Part I
- Bare Bulbing with Large Groups
- Black Lighting to Create Interest
- Getting Crazy with the “Whip Pan”
- Chapter 4 Intro
- The Flash Modifier You Already Own
- The Oh-So Powerful Umbrella
- Large Group Shots with an Umbrella
- Exposure Balancing via Lightroom
- Portable Softboxes – Westcott Apollo
- More Light Control, Just Grid It!
- Dusk + Modified Pocket Strobes
- More Power? Medium Strobes FTW!
- Perfect it In-Camera. Then Photoshop
- Adding to Existing Light – Part II
- Adding or Enhancing Light Direction
- Our Ideal Group Lighting Technique
- Incorporating Flares with Flash
- Cutting Light, Grids and GOBOs
- Chapter 5 Intro
- Fog + Flash + Grid = Dramatic Change
- BYOL! The 3-Light Setup That Only Requires One Light!
- What About The Fill Light?
- Backlight + GOBO + Fog = Magic
- Drawing Attention via Light Shaping
- Visualizing Light & Color Shifts
- Mixing Ambient + GOBO w/Flash
- Better Light Can Change Everything!
- Chapter 6 Intro
- Subtle Refinement = Massive Difference
- Great Light Changes Everything! Part II
- Manually Triggered RCS + Shutter Drag
- The Right Power for Each Scene
- Dodging and Burning via Light In-Camera
- Subtle Light for Natural Portraits
- Light Modification & Simple Compositing
- Expanding Your Photographic Vision
Q: Are there additional fees for international orders?
A: For international orders on physical products, there may be additional customs fee, VAT, duties or taxes that may be applied after your order has been paid. These fees may vary between countries and that need to be paid in order for you to receive your order. Please note that these fees are not related to SLRLounge in any way and are usually determined by the value of your order. We, SLRLounge, are not responsible in paying these fees and any international customer or order assumes these fees when placing an order.