I don’t know about you, but I am always looking for better ways to light my shots. Today, I got word of a new LED light panel from Fotodiox that was announced a little earlier this week called ‘FlapJacks’ that has piqued my interest.
These new Fotodiox Flapjacks come in 4 different models: two circular models (which resemble a pancake or “FlapJack”) and two rectangular models. All four models are small enough to mount to your camera for some quick on-the-go video lighting, or as edge/accent lights in a bigger scene.
Starting at $250, these are not exactly the cheapest LED light panels out there, but they are not the most expensive either. They are built with a strong metal construction, and are dim-able from 10%-100%.
Fotodiox FlapJack Features
- Two circular models: the C-200R (7” diameter) and the C-300R (10” diameter)
- Two rectangular models: the C-200S (8″ x 5″) and the C-200L (11″ x 4 1/4″)
- Feature edge-mounted LEDs and layers of built-in diffusion to produce soft, even lighting with no hotspots
- Fully dimmable, with no change in color temperature, from 10-100%
- Thin, portable design makes each model only 1/2” deep at thinnest point
- Run on either AC power or a NP-F style rechargeable battery (both are included in each kit)
- Contain a backlit LCD indicator that displays both light level and battery life status
- C-200 lights come with ballhead mounting bracket for Light stand or accessory shoe mounting
- C-300 lights come with mounting yoke for Light stand
- Each light comes with a custom fitted hard case and is backed by Fotodiox’s 2-year warranty
Overall, these look like they could be a nice little addition for an on-the-go kit, or just to stick a couple in your bag for an impromptu situation that calls for some lighting. These new FlapJack lights are now available over on the Fotodiox Store and will be available at other retailers soon. You can get more details about the Flapjack lights from the official press release.