Have about $10 and 20 minutes? You could be photographing cells with your smartphone the same day, as well as be the hero of young children and your geeky friends alike!
Turn Your Smartphone Into a Digital Microscope for Macro Photography
3x 4 ½” x 5/16” carriage bolts
9x 5/16” nuts
3x 5/16” wing nuts
5x 5/16” washers
¾” x 7” x 7” plywood — for the base
⅛” x 7” x 7” plexiglass — for the camera level (stand)
⅛” x 3” x 7” plexiglass — for the specimen level
laser pointer focus lens
LED click light (for backlit specimens)
[rewind: DIY Fiber Optics Effect for Flash]
I can totally see this going larger scale for your DSLR and getting really creative macro photography.
What ideas does a build like this inspire?
Until Next Time . . .
Stay Inspired ~ Jules[via Instructables user Yoshinok]
- DIY Tilt-Shift Lens Made With a Broken Canon 50mm f1.8 an...
- DIY Light Table for Quick Negative Scanning
- DIY: Build a Simple Ring Light Using LED Strips and a Fri...
- Skip The Lab: How To Mount & Frame Prints Yourself | DIY...
- Camera Obscura Made With An Old Flatbed Scanner and Some...
- Super Cheap DIY Diffuser & A Short Color Grading Tutorial...