New Workshop! Lighting 101 | Foundation and Light Shaping
Welcome to Lighting 101: Foundation and Light Shaping! Join us on dozens of live shoots, as we teach you the foundation of flash photography and light shaping. We show you how to modify and shape light to achieve a variety of effects, using imagery from fitness shoots, couples portraiture, in-studio headshots, outdoor fashion shoots and much more. (Click here to Purchase). Take your photography to the next level by gaining a full understanding of flash photography!
Lighting 101 Intro Video
What Makes This Workshop Unique?
- Amazing Images with Basic Gear – In this entire workshop, we create all the images with just an on-camera flash and inexpensive lighting modifiers. This allows us to focus on the foundation of lighting, light shaping, and light modification.
- Focus on Techniques, Not Gear – All you need for this workshop is a camera, on-camera flash, and basic modifiers. This makes it the most accessible workshop on the market for learning flash photography. If you happen to have or want more lighting gear, then this knowledge will serve as your foundation, giving you full control in creating your exact desired look.
- Slides Included – We include all of the PDF slides for you to review and study after watching the workshop. This should solidify your understanding and get you ready to continue on to Lighting 201, where we start to use multiple flashes.
- Variety of Styles Created – We teach you how to create a variety of looks, from natural looking imagery (for portraits, family, etc) to dramatic imagery (for fitness, fashion, etc).
- Creative Techniques – We teach you how to use mixed white balance and different colored Gels to create interesting and creative imagery.
Lighting 101 Sample Images
Want to see even more images from Lighting 101? Please click the left and right arrows to view more images below.
Lighting 101 Table of Contents
Table of Contents
01. Chapter 1 Intro
01. Chapter 2 Intro
01. Chapter 3 Intro
01. Chapter 5 Intro
|01. Chapter 6 Intro
02. Ambient vs Direct Flash vs Bounce Flash
03. Silver Bounce
04. More Light Silver
05. Soft White Bounce
06. Overhead Bounce
07. Overhead Bounce + Fill
08. Event Bounce
01. Chapter 7 Intro
01. Favorite Feature Flashes
Included in the purchase are 74 high-resolution slides for you to review and use for learning. These slides detail technical terminology like “flash duration” and “white balance” and serve as a visual representation of concepts like “5 Lighting Patterns for Portraiture” and “Balancing Flash and Ambient Light.” Below are a few examples.