Leica Camera has just announced a new member of the legendary Leica M family, aimed squarely at newcomers to the M-System. The Leica M-E (Type 240) is a brand new take on the established formula from the popular Leica M (Type 240) cameras, with some welcome changes and improvements. It offers a full frame 24 megapixel CMOS sensor, Leica Maestro processor, 2-year Leica warranty and access to the full portfolio of Leica M lenses for a price of $3,995 – making it the new entry-point of Leica M rangefinders at nearly half the cost when compared to the Leica M-P ($7495) or the Leica M Type 240 ($5,795).
Additionally, the Leica M-E (Type 240) features a new anthracite-gray lacquered finish, developed just for this camera, and a genuine leather covering for excellent grip and premium style. In regards to technical prowess, it offers the same great performance of the Leica M (Type 240) generation with an upgraded 2 GB buffer for longer and more sustained continuous burst shooting.
Additionally, the new M-E Type 240 can shoot 1080p videos up to 24fps in MOV and M-JPEG format (the body includes a built in mic along with an external microphone input).
- 24MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Leica Maestro Image Processor
- Optical 0.68x-Magnification Viewfinder
- 3.0″ 920k-Dot LCD
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- ISO 200-6400, up to 3 fps Shooting
- 2GB Buffer and Integrated Spirit Level
- Magnesium Alloy Body and Brass Top Plate
- Anthracite Paint Finish & Black Leather
- M Type Lens Mount
- Max Resolution – 5952×3976
- ISO Sensitivity – Auto, 200 to 6400 (Extended: 100 to 6400)
- Shutter Speed Mechanical Shutter – 1/4000 to 60 Second
- Manual Focus Only
- Memory Card Slot – 1 x SD/SDHC/SDXC
- Connectivity – 3.5mm Microphone
- Weight – 1.5lbs
Pricing & Availability
The Leica M-E (Type 240) will go on sale July 25, 2019 at Leica Stores, Boutiques and Dealers, (pre-orders are available now), for the price of $3,995.