Polaroid Originals Introduces The Polaroid Originals Lab – A Desktop Photo Print Lab That Brings Instant Film Processing To Your Desktop
Polaroid Originals has introduced The Polaroid Originals Lab, a sleek-looking desktop “photo lab” that converts your smartphone photographs into square-format Polaroid prints and costs only $129! Making prints from your smartphone is as easy as selecting the photo you want to print on your phone, placing your phone face down on top of the device, pressing the red button on the lab and just wait for your print to pop out from the bottom of the unit.
Turn your digital memories analog with the Polaroid Lab from Polaroid Originals. This simple-but-clever device enables you to print any photo or image from your mobile phone onto Polaroid 600 or i-Type instant film. The Lab itself incorporates an AR-coated three-element acrylic lens, along an auto-adjusting shutter system, to essentially take a photo of your smartphone’s screen, which is recorded onto instant film for instant printing. The Lab has a built-in lithium-ion battery and charges via USB port.
Working with the Polaroid Lab is the Polaroid Originals app, which will adjust your mobile photos for printing on the lab as well as enable some more creative features to apply on your prints. Additionally, an Augmented Reality tool lets you assign video playback to recognized still images for cool dynamic multimedia playback.
Key Features & Technical Specifications
- Print Mobile Photos on Polaroid Film
- Records Directly from Smartphone Screen
- Uses i-Type or 600-Type Instant Film
- Dedicated App for Collages and AR Tools
- Compatible File Formats – Polaroid 600, Polaroid Originals i-Type
- Lens – 3 Elements, 3 Groups AR-Coated Acrylic
- Shutter – Variable Shutter Module (Solenoid) with Fixed Aperture Position
- Battery – Rechargeable Lithium-Ion 1100 mAh, 3.7 V, 4.07 Wh
- Operating Temperature – 40-108°F / 4-42°C
- Operating Humidity – 5-90%
- Closed: 5.9 x 4.6 x 5.9″ / 150 x 115.6 x 149.7 mm
- Open: 5.9 x 4.6 x 7.0″ / 150 x 115.6 x 177.2 mm
- Weight – 1.4 lb / 655 g (Without Film)
- Apple iPhone 6, 6S, 7, 8, X, XS, 11, and Newer
- Most Android Smartphones
- Operating System Requirements
- iOS 11+
- Android 5+
Check Pricing & Availability of the Polaroid Originals Lab Here
I’ve been playing with variations of old and new instant film tech for years now and regardless of the outcome, i’m always happy with what I get from these devices, so i’m interested in messing with this guy to see what I can create from my smartphone captures. Currently the Print Lab is only available for Pre-order, but we’ll keep you posted once the release date goes live. The big question is what would you use it for? What sort of images would you create with it as an art project? Or would you use it simply as a physical memory / memento creator for day to day events? Let us know in the comments below!
$100 Off Premium
1,500+ Lessons, 30+ Workshops
33% Off Visual Flow
Designed by SLR Lounge & DVLOP
2020 Holiday Gift Guide
Ideas for All Budgets
Black Friday Deal Tracker