The bond between a bride and her bridesmaids is one of the most important things for a wedding photographer to capture on the wedding day. A surefire way to get pictures your bride will love is to catch her loving interactions with some of her closest friends and family. Take a look at our list of favorite bridesmaid poses to get some great ideas on how to get some fun and memorable images.
Important Note: These are simply some fun overviews of our favorite poses. Our actual, complete guide to wedding photography is in our Wedding Photography Training System.
Check Out Our 8 Fun Bridesmaid Poses Video!
Bridesmaid Pose 1 | The “Helping Hands”
- Position Bridesmaids Around Bride
- Stage Each Bridesmaid to “Help” with Something
- Have Them “Smile as They Work”
- Consider Shooting Against the Light
Bridesmaid Pose 2 | The “Kissy Face”
- Place Bride In The Middle
- Have Bridesmaids Surround Her
- Have Bridesmaids Squeeze in Close
- Have Them Blow Kisses Towards the Bride
Bridesmaid Pose 3 | The “Bouquet Face”
- Place Them All in Straight Row
- Have Them Hold Bouquets Up To Face
- Mix and Match for Funny GIFs
Bridesmaid Pose 4 | The “Pillow Fight!”
- Have All Bridesmaids Stand on Bed
- Give Them Pillows
- Have Them Pretend to Pillow Fight
- Do NOT Have Them Actually Swing
Bridesmaid Pose 5 | The Look and Smile
- Line Up Your Bridesmaids
- Instruct Them to Look at Each Other and Smile
- Consider Jokes and Other Posing Cues to Get Laughs
- Stay Ready for The “In Between” Shots
Bridesmaid Pose 6 | The “Bouquets Up”
- Place Bridesmaids Around Bride
- Have Them Raise Their Bouquets Up
- Or Have Them Stack the Bouquets in the Middle
Bridesmaid Pose 7 | The “Casual Walk”
- Have Them Get in Straight Line
- Have Them Walk Towards You
- Have Them Look at Each Other
- Repeat Until You Have a Perfect Shot
Bridesmaid Pose 8 | The “Silly Pose”
- Have Each Bridesmaid Do Something Silly
- Consider Giving Each Bridesmaid A Prop
- Have Them Interact with Prop And Each Other
[REWIND: 9 EPIC GROOMSMEN POSES]
General Goals When Photographing The Bride & Bridesmaids
In Photographing The Groom, we discussed the importance of achieving a look of masculinity, strength, and power through our posing and lighting, however, for our female subjects we need to create a new set of goals.
Focus on femininity, curves, and softness when photographing the bride, a stark contrast to the ideal we had when shooting the groom. This is a general guide so we can narrow down our approach to posing and lighting our subject.
Learn More About Wedding Photography!
To learn more about Photographing the Bride, please see our full workshop. More info in the video below.