On the Other Side of Fear – A Creative Live Podcast With Pye Jirsa
It’s pretty common in the creative world to spend a lot of time figuring out what it is that makes us happy and fulfilled. Trying one thing, changing to another, being told you can’t do it or failing, resetting and starting all over again. In the most recent episode of Creative Live‘s We Are Photographers, our own Pye Jirsa gets raw and real with the listeners, discussing openly about all of the speedbumps and strange paths his life has taken to lead him where he is today, and how he had to lose everything to get to that place where he found happiness.
[Related Reading: How To Launch A Photography Business | By Pye Jirsa On CreativeLive]
WHat Is The Podcast About?
We Are Photographers from CreativeLive brings you true stories from behind the lens and behind the lives of your favorite photographers, filmmakers, and creative industry game changers. From their struggles to their wins, host Kenna Klosterman gets you the real human stories about why they do what they do.
[Related Reading: Ask Pye Anything | Join Us For A Live Q&A Webinar On Creative Live!]
What’s Discussed In This Podcast?
Kenna and Pye dive deep almost immediately and get right into the who, what, and why regarding Pye doing what he does and what drives him to keep going. Here’s a breakdown of what’s covered in this podcast:
- How Pye had to lose everything to find his happiness
- Personal stories of loss, love, fear, and growth
- What being raised by a single immigrant father taught Pye about fear as a child and how he can relate now as a single father himself
- How Pye stopped creating art for nearly a decade after his high school art teacher told him to quit because he wasn’t good enough, and what brought him back
- Discussions about mental health and finding a source of stability
- Thinking about fear and what effect that has on your career
- How Pye’s daily routine that helps him stay present with his work and his family
- Pye’s “Secret Project”
- How Pye’s discomfort becomes his daily compass
For those of you who prefer to listen directly from Apple, here’s the link to for iTunes as well!