Nikon Announced D850 Filmmakers Kit | D850, 3 Prime Lenses, Atamos Recorder & More
For a camera that has garnered so much press and commentary whilst still being so hard to obtain (stock continue to be low and sell out), Nikon is making quite the effort to further entice more people to buy the D850. They have, as of this morning, announced the D850 Filmmaker’s Kit.
The kit is a custom ensemble of products which Nikon says is,
“…specifically designed for content creators and filmmakers looking to take full advantage of the D850’s extensive video capabilities and controls. The key component of the kit, the award winning Nikon D850 offers incredible features, including full-frame 4K UHD video capture at 24/30 fps, 8K and 4K time-lapse, focus peaking, zebra stripes, HDMI output and enhanced audio control.”
The Nikon D850 Filmmaker Kit includes the following:
- Nikon D850 DSLR (with supplied accessories) $3,296.95
- AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED lens $796.95
- AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G lens $476.95
- AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED lens $526.95
- Extra EN-EL15A battery $59.95
- ME-1 Stereo Microphone $134.00
- ME-W1 Wireless Microphone $199
- Atomos Ninja Flame External Recorder $795
- Custom foam inserts (can be used in hard case for transporting, hard case sold separately)
Anyone who has used Nikon’s G prime lenses knows they’re brilliant, especially for the price, though not typically associated with serious filmmaking. That said, the whole package is a nice set-up for someone looking to start right away.
If you’ve done the math (and we have) you’ll find that should you price it all separately what you end up saving is about $785, which is just shy of the cost of the Atamos recorder. Which isn’t bad, provided all the elements of the kit are actually what you want.
This kit is being released only for the US market at this time and will shortly be available for purchase before then end of March. You can pre-order yours here.