Flashpoint Announces New XPLOR 100 Pro TTL R2 Battery-Powered Monolight
Flashpoint, (aka Godox), has officially announced the XPLOR 100 Pro TTL R2 Battery-Powered Monolight, its lightest and smallest flash unit available. The XPLOR 100 Pro is a tiny, wireless, 100 watt-second, rechargeable lithium-powered flash with a full array of features, including variable zoom flash coverage. Featuring up to 360 full power pops, a 9-stop range, LED modeling bulb, easy to use buttons and a clear display, the XPLOR 100 Pro’s dedicated custom functions are ideal for a multi-flash experience.
“We’re proud to add our most compact, lightweight and affordable monolight to the Flashpoint family,” said Solomon Leifer, Senior Brand Manager at Flashpoint. “Weighing in at only a pound and about the size of a soda can, the XPLOR 100 Pro is the perfect travel companion for any photo shoot, no matter the location. Featuring seamless R2 connectivity, a magnetized front flash face for light modifiers, and rechargeable lithium battery packs, the XPLOR 100 Pro is the perfect way to join the R2 family on a budget.”
[Related Reading: Godox AD300 Pro Review : A Powerful and Compact Flash]
Features of the Flashpoint XPLOR 100 Pro Include:
- Compact, Lightweight, and Portable: Measuring in at 4.4” x 3.0” x 3.0” and weighing in at only 18.5 ounces with battery, the Flashpoint XPLOR 100 Pro is perfect for all on-the-go photography.
- Flexible Compatibility: Ready for wireless TTL or Manual action compatible with Flashpoint products. Seamless connectivity with R2 transmitters in speedlights or triggers for Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm, Panasonic, Olympus, and Pentax. The front flash face is magnetized to accept light modifiers from filters to grids, snoots, and super-wide diffusers, which also fit the Flashpoint round head flashes.
- Bold Battery: 2600mAh rechargeable lithium battery packs are shared with the Flashpoint Zoom Li-on X and Zoom Li-on III Speedlights. Easily swap out for a new battery in seconds and keep shooting without delay.
- Clear Display: LED panels clearly display the status of all remotely linked R2 compliant strobes, providing control of group lighting mastery.
- Wireless Communication: R2 wireless communication gives the speed of light response to on-camera or off-camera R2 Family devices for a spectacular advantage on the shoot in any environment.
Additional Features Include:
- Flashpoint R2 2.4GHz Radio System
- Auto-Sensing radio slave modes for Canon, Sony, Nikon, Fuji, Pentax, Panasonic, and Olympus
- 328 feet/100 meter R2 signal reception range
- 0.01 – 1.5 second recycle time
- Manual flash range over 9 Stops – 1/256 – 1/1 Output
- TTL / M / Multi flash modes
- 5 Groups keep the pace – A/B/C/D/E
- 32 Channels protect the isolation of the signal
- High-speed sync to 1/8000th second
- Last shot auto memory function
- Second curtain sync
- FEC / FEB – 1/3rd Increments (±3 Stops)
- FEL (Flash Exposure Lock)
- S1 Standard & S2 ‘Smart’ optical slave modes
- Professional balanced color temperature at 5600°K ± 200°K
- Stable color mode narrows to variable down to ±75°K
- LED modeling light with user-directed intensity (1-10)
- Automatic fan-cooled stability
- Large dot-matrix OLED display
- Advanced IGBT circuity for stable and precise flash duration
- Recycle Time < 1.5 Seconds
- Delay Flash 0.0130 seconds
- Energy Output 100ws
- Price – $299
[Related Reading: Flashpoint Announces The XPLOR 300 Pro Monolight]
Additionally, Flashpoint announced new Color Correction and Creative Color Gel Kits for various Flashpoint and Godox lighting products. Each kit features custom pre-cut polycarbonate gels that are heat resistant, durable, and fade-proof, and fit perfectly on various Flashpoint and Godox monolights, streaks, and on-camera flashes.
The Color Correction Kits include eight CTO (color temperature orange) and CTB (color temperature blue) gels for ‘daylight’ and ‘nighttime’ color corrections, while the Creative Color Kits include eight saturated gels for playing with light on location. Each kit also includes two high-temperature mounting bands that withstand heat.
The Flashpoint color gel kits are available now at Adorama.com with MSRPs ranging from $19.00 to $29.00.
We’ve put in a request to test and review these lights asap, but until then, let us know any questions or thoughts in the comments below.
Pricing and Availability
The Flashpoint XPLOR 100 Pro battery-powered monolight is available for pre-order for $299 at Adorama.com.