CarryOn Jib Packs Down To Just 22 Inches, The Ultimate Run-N-Gun Jib?
One of the most difficult aspects of choosing what production gear you need and what you can do without is when it comes down to weight or size. If you are traveling or if you have to hand carry the gear for a great distance, then size and weight play a big part in your decision.
Lucky, ProAm has a new kickstarter project currently being funded for a small modular job that packs down to just 22″ and weighs in at just 6.2 lbs. They call it the CarryOn Jib, and it looks like it could hit that magic spot where it’s both convenient and strong.
CarryOn Jib Highlights
- Easy to assemble, modular crane
- 6ft or 8ft
- 10lbs weight limit
- Packs down to just 22 inches
- Get dynamic movements only a crane can provide
- 360º lockable bearing base with built-in bubble level
- Oil impregnated brass bearings at all joints
- Parts are CNC machined from highest quality aluminum
- Vinyl coated steel cables provide automatic leveling
- Interchangeable camera platform for optional 75mm bowl mount
I think that this could be a great tool for anyone who travels a lot and wants a quality jib without needing to ship it separately or ruin your back carrying the item to the location. This is small enough to fly with, and light enough that having to carry it will not be too terrible. I can see this being a valuable tool for sure.
The kickstarter project currently has 20 days remaining, and the group is to $17,000 of their $25,000 goal thanks to 57 backers. If you would like to get your hands on one of the first units, you can pony up the $299 for the reward and get one (6 ft model) as soon as they are ready.
If you are interested in learning more you can check out the Kickstarter page here.