Canon Kiss X70 and G1 XII Specs Leaked Online
Canon has two new cameras in the works: the Kiss X70 and the G1 XII, which are expected to be announced anytime now. Earlier today, the specs for these two cameras were also leaked online.
The Kiss X70 seems to be a replacement for the EOS 1100D (or Rebel T3) here in North America. It is very much, based on the specs, an entry level DSLR. Just one look at the DIGIC4 processor and 3fps confirms that.
Canon EOS Kiss X70 Specs
- 18MP APS-C sensor
- 3 fps
- ISO100-6400 (12800 extended)
- Shutter: 1/4000 seconds – 30 seconds
- Finder penta mirror. 95% field of view, 0.8 times magnification
- LCD monitor 460,000 dot 3.0-inch
- Video 1920 x 1080 30p. MOV format, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Scene Intelligent Auto
- five Creative Filters
- Final image simulation
- Adopt a rubber grip
- Media SD / SDHC / SDXC
- LP-E10 battery
- 129.6 x 99.7 x 77.9mm size
- 435g Weight (body only)
The Powershot G1 X II on the other hand looks to be a pretty impressive little compact camera. The DIGIC6 processor, WiFi/NFC, and 13.2 mp sensor will do well as a travel and vacation camera.
Canon PowerShot G1 X II Specs
- 13.1 MP in 4/3 format, 12.8 MP in 3:2 format, CMOS sensor 1.5-inch
- Lens 5x optical zoom of F2.0-F3.9, 24-120mm equivalent
- LCD monitor 3-inch touch panel. Tiltable.
- Dual control ring
- Shorter start-up time, and faster shooting time and continuous shooting
- Creative shot
- Multi-scene IS
- Optional custom grip and EVF
What are your thoughts on these two new cameras? If you had a choice between the two, which one would you get? If you ask me, the G1 XII has the better specs – but being limited to a single mediocre lens is a big drawback, while the Kiss X70 is about as entry level as they come in DSLR land. Share your thoughts in a comment below to join the discussion.
[via Canon Watch]