Tamron Launches The 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD for Sony Full Frame E-Mount
Announced back in February, Tamron announced the development of a new high-speed standard zoom full-frame mirrorless cameras. Today, Tamron officially announces the launch of the Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (Model A036), a catalyst for bringing Tamron’s forte for excellent optics into the realm of 35mm full-frame mirrorless cameras.
Designed specifically for mirrorless cameras, the Model A036 promises superb optical performance like with other lenses in their lineup. Along with legendary performance, The Model A036 incorporates an all-new high-speed AF system, the RXD (Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive), a Minimum Object Distance (MOD) of 0.19m (7.5 in) at the wide-angle zoom setting, all in a compact and lightweight size, measuring only 117.8mm (4.6 in) and weighing 550g (19.4 oz).
The wait is over! Tamron announces the launch of the 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (Model A036)- a high-speed standard zoom lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras. This new zoom lens delivers superb optical performance, including both outstanding image quality and beautiful background blur effects (bokeh) only possible with a fast aperture, thanks to a new optical system designed specifically for mirrorless cameras. The lens will be available at Tamron's authorized USA retailers on May 24th at $799! #withmytamron #tamronusa #tamronlens #tamron2875 #fullframe #mirrorless #zoom #lens #A036
A post shared by Tamron Lenses USA (@tamronusa) on
- Comfortably light weight (550g / 19.4 oz) and compact (117.8mm / 4.6 in).
- Close-focusing; Minimum Object Distance: 0.19m / 7.5 in at wide-angle setting and 0.39m / 15.3 in at the telephoto position.
- All-new “RXD” stepping motor AF unit is extremely quiet and therefore perfect for video capture.
- Exciting next-generation design keeping the brand consistency that is ergonomically superb.
- Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating for weather protection.
- Compatible with the “Direct Manual Focus (DMF)” feature that enables Sony cameras to instantly switch between autofocus and manual focus.
The lens also features Moisture-Resistant Construction that is useful in outdoor photography, plus hydrophobic Fluorine Coating that is highly resistant to fingerprints and dirt. In addition, the Model A036 will fully match with various camera-specific features including the in-camera lens correction and Direct Manual Focus (DMF) system features of Sony cameras, enabling this new zoom to take full advantage of the advanced functions that ensure comfortable user experiences.
Tamron’s new 28-75mm zoom is compatible with many of the advanced features that are specific to certain mirrorless cameras. This includes the following:
- Fast Hybrid AF
- Eye AF
- Direct Manual Focus (DMF)
- In-camera lens correction (shading, chromatic aberration, distortion)
- Camera-based lens unit firmware updates