Start the Wedding Day Off Right
In the second installment of the Wedding Workshop series, we continue our mission in helping you create consistently incredible images for your clients. This course will teach you how to create flattering groom’s portraits and capture journalistic moments during Groom Prep. The training we go through will provide lead and second shooters with the education necessary to be prepared for any scene and situation.
Posing Cues for Him
Learn a systematic approach to posing your Groom so you'll never have to worry about running out of poses. See how you can set up your groom and pose him in a multitude of settings.
Make the Most Out of
Learn to make even the most undesirable scene work for you! Get tips that will help revamp your problem-solving process so no Groom Prep will be too difficult.
Enhance your photos using
basic lighting setups & modifiers
Light scenes with highly affordable, portable lights and setups for remarkable Groom's and Groomsmen portraits
Perfect your Groom & Groomsmen Photos
Elicit Genuine Emotions & Photojournalistic Moments
Capture the natural dynamic of your groom and his groomsmen without sacrificing the quality of your image. Discover how you can set up clean and creative shots for groups and what verbal cues you can keep in your back pocket to get great reactions from your subjects.
POST-PRODUCING FOR AN AMAZING END PRODUCT
Follow along with the included RAW exercise files to practice how you can get professional-looking final images of your Groom and Groomsmen. Learn to edit for every scene of the day and refine your images with tips on retouching, dramatic and creative edits, and more!
If you’re looking for a workshop that discusses all the nitty gritty details of booking your client and establishing a strong relationship even before the wedding day, be sure to check out the first portion in our Wedding Workshop series, Communication, Panning, and Ecstatically Happy Clients (https://www.slrlounge.com/store-product/wedding-workshop-part-one/)
- Introduction to Photographing the Groom
- What Is This Course About?
- Our Three Favorite Lenses for Photographing the Groom
- Honorable Lens Mentions
- Creative Accessories for Your Photography Toolkit
- Light Modifiers and Accessories
- Specialty Lighting Tool for Your Kit
- Second Shooters Gear Guide for Photographing the Groom
- 8 Tips for Prepping to Photograph the Groom
- Introduction to Groom Posing
- Standing Pose Demo
- Sitting Pose Demo
- Location Scouting for Natural Light Groom Portraits
- Understanding How to Control Natural Light for Groom Portraits
- Solving Lighting & Composition Issues On the Spot
- Posing Tips for Seated Portraits
- Introduction to Shooting The Details
- Shooting the Details Pt.1
- Shooting the Details Pt. 2
- Introduction to Photographing Groom Prep
- Off-Camera Flash Lighting for Groom Shower & Shave Portraits
- Photographing the Groom Getting Ready
- Photographing the Groom Opening a Gift
- Photographing the Groomsmen Getting Ready
- Photographing Groomsmen Gift Exchange
- Introduction to Shooting Dramatic Groom & Groomsmen Portraits
- Location Scouting & Scene Analysis for Dramatic Indoor Portraits
- Dramatic Groomsmen Portraits – Bar Scene
- Introduction to Outdoor Groom & Groomsmen Photos
- Outdoor Groom Photos – Scouting & Scene Analysis
- Outdoor Groom & Groomsmen Portraits – Valet Driveway
- Outdoor Groom & Groomsmen Portraits – Walking Shots
- Outdoor Groom & Groomsmen Individual Portraits
- Case Study #1 – B&W Is Your Last Resort
- Case Study #2 – Mixing Light Temperatures
- Case Study #3 – Warm Kicker/Rim Light for Added Interest
- Case Study #4 – Water Your Lenses & Angles
- Case Study #5 – Got Junk? Light It?
- Case Study #6 – Use Creative Accessories to Conceal
- Case Study #7 – Incorporate Family & Friends Into Groom Prep
- Case Study #8 – Positioning Hands
- Case Study #9 – Focus on Photojournalism
- Image Critique
- PhotoMechanic Culling Workflow
- Lightroom Keyword for Organization
- Lightroom Post-Processing for Groom Details
- Lightroom Post-Processing for Groom Prep
- Lightroom Post-Processing for Groom and Groomsmen Prep
- Lightroom Post-Processing for Groom Portraits
- Lightroom Post-Processing for Groomsmen Group Portraits
- Lightroom Post-Processing for Journalistic Shots
- Lightroom Post-Processing for Journalistic Shots Pt. 2
- Fine-Tuning Lightroom Culling
- Simple Photoshop Retouching
- Black & White Virtual Copies in Lightroom
Q: Are there additional fees for international orders?
A: For international orders on physical products, there may be additional customs fee, VAT, duties or taxes that may be applied after your order has been paid. These fees may vary between countries and that need to be paid in order for you to receive your order. Please note that these fees are not related to SLRLounge in any way and are usually determined by the value of your order. We, SLRLounge, are not responsible in paying these fees and any international customer or order assumes these fees when placing an order.