Master All the Crucial Lightroom Fundamentals
A Fast and Efficient Workflow Begins with a Solid Foundation
Importing & Exporting
Begin your introduction into Lightroom with the basics of the Lightroom image management system, how to import images into Lightroom, edit in external editors such as Photoshop, and then export the files into finished formats.
Learn Key features
For Image Management & organization
Dive deeper into Lightroom’s core organizational and management features as you'll learn how to utilize Folders, Collections and Keywords to organize your images. See just how powerful Lightroom can be in image organization when you pair keywords, attributes, and/or image metadata with Lightroom’s powerful filtering menu.
Customizing Your Lightroom Interface
Make Lightroom your own with customized preferences and functions. Learn to modify Lightroom's interface components like the Identity plate and Panel End Marks, to creating image watermarks and customizing interface functionality to personalize your entire Lightroom experience
The Secret to Speeding Up Your Workflow
Increase Your Post-Production Speed by 10-20 Times
Using the tried and true Lin and Jirsa Lightroom workflow, cull and post produce at the rate of nearly 1,500 images with just a mouse and keyboard, and up to 1,800 images per hour with simply a mouse, programmable keyboard, and the SLR Lounge Preset System. Not only will you learn an efficient workflow system, but to also get all the tools and ability to customize the Lightroom system to your own needs and preferences. For this reason, we have also included a customizable workflow checklist for your reference and customization.
Beyond everything covered to this point, Lightroom also has additional advanced image management functionality. From tethered capture and automated import folders, to synchronizing different versions of the same catalog.
- What is Adobe Lightroom?
- Lightroom’s Strengths and Limitations
- 3 Keys to The Lightroom Catalog
- Recommended Catalog Workflow
- Best Practices in Production Workflow
- Creating Our First Catalog
- Understanding Importing
- 3 Ways to Skin Every Lightroom Cat
- 8 Interface Components and Shortcuts
- Module and Shortcut Overview
- Taking Images to Photoshop
- The Basics of Exporting
- Customize Your Interface and Views
- My 3 Favorite Loupe View Metadata
- Customizing Grid View Attributes
- Customizing the Identity Plate
- Customizing Panel End Marks
- How to Create a Watermark
- Additional Interface Customization
- Using Neutral Desktop Background
Key Library Features
- Folders and 10 Tools to Manage Them
- 5 Reasons Collections Rock
- Why You Should Use Publish Services
- Histogram and Quick Develop Panel
- Everything About Keywording
- The Basics of Metadata
- 3 Ways to Rate and Cull Images
- 3 Reasons the Filmstrip is Awesome
- 3 Methods to Filter Images
- 5 Library Toolbar Functions
- Stacking and Why I am not a Fan
- How and When to Rename Images
- 10 Must Know Library View Shortcuts
- Library Function Shortcuts
A Professional Workflow
- 5 Tips on Your Shooting Workflow
- Hardware to Optimize Speed
- IPS Displays and Color Correction
- Optimize General Preferences
- Optimize Catalog Settings
- Creating a Soft Import Develop Preset
- Creating a Vivid Import Develop Preset
- Creating a Standard Metadata Preset
- General Import Preset
- How to Sync Camera Capture Times
- How to Keyword a Wedding Catalog
- Rendering Previews Prior to Working
- The 3 Pass Workflow Overview
- Our 3 Step Logic to Culling
- Simple Culling Out Example
- Simple Culling in Example
- Syncing Functions
- Process by Scene
- Rename Prior to Export
- Creating Export Presets
- Understanding Archival
- Refer to the Workflow Checklist
- How to Use the Auto Import Function
- How to Import via Tethered Capture
- Export Import and Sync Catalogs
- Export with Previous
- Export to Email
- Shortcuts You May Not Know
- Use View Modes to Navigate Modules
- Using XMP Sidecar Files
- RAW vs DNG
- NAS and Smart Preview Catalog
Q: Does this apply to Lightroom CC or Lightroom 6?
A: While most of the education in this workshop will apply to all versions of Lightroom, this particular workshop is for Lightroom 5. You can find Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC education in our store.
Q: Are there additional fees for international orders?
A: For international orders on physical products, there may be additional customs fee, VAT, duties or taxes that may be applied after your order has been paid. These fees may vary between countries and that need to be paid in order for you to receive your order. Please note that these fees are not related to SLRLounge in any way and are usually determined by the value of your order. We, SLRLounge, are not responsible in paying these fees and any international customer or order assumes these fees when placing an order.
Q: Does this come with Lightroom itself?
A: Our education and presets are created to work with Adobe Lightroom 4 and up. It does NOT include Adobe Lightroom itself and the software must be purchased separately
Q: How long does it take to download and why?
A: This entire workshop may take anywhere from 1 hour to an entire night depending on your internet connection and depending on our current server load. We are using a very reliable service in Amazon to deliver the files but please keep in mind that these are very large files. With all of the RAW exercise files included as well as full HD videos, the total download size is inevitably large. We suggest letting all of the downloads run over night so you do not have to micromanage the process.
Q: May I resell this product?
A: Resell or unauthorized sharing of this product is strictly prohibited.
Q: What is the Return Policy for this product?
A: SLR Lounge products are not software nor subscriptions and we are not able to activate or deactivate licenses or subscriptions. For this reason, we don’t offer refunds. However, we offer plenty of information on how everything works. Please make sure you read each product thoroughly before purchase.
Disclaimer: This product is not endorsed or associated with Adobe or it's affiliates.