SEO – Search Engine Optimization
SEO stands for “Search Engine Optimization.” It is the process of increasing the visibility of a website in search results. As a photographer, having a basic understanding of SEO is critical to many aspects of your business. The ways SEO benefits you can be summed up with the “4 T’s” of SEO benefits for photographers: Traffic, Talent, Time, and Teaching.
Traffic – Seo Increases your Traffic and Revenue
The most obvious benefit of SEO is that more visibility in searches will lead to more client inquiries, bookings, and overall revenue. In our photography business, we receive an average of 5 wedding inquiries a day, as you can see from the screenshot below.
Of course, you can’t expect the same results in every region around the world. Also, many of these inquiries might be from sources outside of search; but around 60% of our leads still come directly from Google searches.
Talent – Seo Finds you Talent
Let’s say you’re fully booked and your business is already booming. What else can SEO do for you? If you don’t need more business at the moment, consider that SEO gets you talent. Where do you find all of your second shooters and lighting assistants? Instead of having to go out and find them on forums and networking events, a highly visible site has a much higher chance of receiving inquiries for shooting opportunities.
As you can see from the screenshot below, we receive around 5 applicants per week. While it takes a lot of time to dig through each of these applicants; having talent find you, instead of the other way around, saves hours of time. Furthermore, the steady stream of talent allows you to be more selective and hire only the best matches for your style and your company culture.
Teaching – Seo Makes you a Teacher
Even if all of your shooters are already established and you are fully booked, consider that SEO will save you time.
By following the tips and SEO techniques in this book, you’ll end up with dozens of pages on your website full of amazing and useful content. This content will not only help sell your services but will also help cut down on the time spent answering common questions about your policies, style, equipment, and overall business.
In other words, good SEO techniques help you build a website that educates your clients and saves you time in all aspects of the business, from sales to customer service.
Time – Seo Saves you Time
Increasing your visibility via SEO helps you build your fan base. How? Well let’s say that prior to a shoot, a photographer searches for inspiration via Google. She types in the name of a specific location and your image pops up. It’s an amazing image and she clicks through to see more on your blog. Maybe you have a call-to-action to sign up for a newsletter or to follow you on Facebook or Twitter. You now potentially have a new supporter.
This large following can help lead to private coaching opportunities, workshop bookings, and many more alternative streams of revenue. When you have an idea for a revolutionary new photography gadget, your supportive fans will become your first customers. This may seem like we are getting ahead of ourselves, but the point is that SEO is beneficial for photographers of all levels.
ACCESS TO INDUSTRY-LEADING EDUCATION
Let SLR Lounge guide you in your photography journey with the best photography education and resources. Browse our complete, comprehensive solutions and take the next step in your photography.
CHAPTER 1.01 – INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Photography SEO and Web Marketing Intro
- 1.2 Why You Need SEO
- 1.3 Why You Should NOT Hire Out For SEO
- 1.4 Overview of Chapters
CHAPTER 2: 1.02 – SEO BASICS & KEYWORD STRATEGY
- 2.1 How Do Search Engines Work
- 2.2 Understanding Search Results
- 2.3 Search Results Quiz
- 2.4 What is a Keyword
- 2.5 How To Determine Keywords For Your Photography Studio
- 2.6 Using the Keyword Planner
CHAPTER 3 1.03 – CREATING CONTENT
- 3.1 How to Create Great Content
- 3.2 Web Page Ideas
- 3.3 How to Create Great SEO Content
- 3.4 Grow Your Business with Google Image Search
- 3.5 Balancing SEO with Workflow
CHAPTER 4: 1.04 – SITE STRUCTURE
Chapter 5: 1.05 – ACCESSIBILITY, SPEED, AND DUPLICATE CONTENT
- 5.1 Importance of Correct Internal Linking
- 5.2 Broken Links
- 5.3 Under the Hood Accessibility
- 5.4. How to Speed Up Your Site
- 5.5. Avoiding Duplicate Content
- 5.6 Conclusion
Chapter 6: 2.01 – LINK BASICS
Chapter 7: 2.02 – LINK VALUE FACTORS
Chapter 8: 2.03 – NOFOLLOW, RELATED LINKS, & ANCHOR TEXT
Chapter 9: 2.04 – LINK BUILDING STRATEGIES
Chapter 10: 3.01 – THE IMPORTANCE OF SOCIAL MEDIA
- 10.1 Why Social Media is Important?
- 10.2 How to Get Started with Social Media
- 10.3 How to Create Quality Content
- 10.4 How to Post Your Content – Rules and Guidelines
Chapter 11: 3.02 – MAXIMIZING SPECIFIC SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORKS
- 11.1 Use Wedding Slideshows To Showcase Your Work On Social Media
- 11.2 2 Apps To #MaximizeEngagement
- 11.3 Using Facebook to Grow Your Business
- 11.4 Using Twitter to Grow Your Business
- 11.5 Using Google Plus to Grow Your Business
- 11.6 Using Pinterest to Grow Your Business
- 11.7 Using Instagram to Grow Your Business
- 11.8 How to Post Videos and Photos to Instagram From Your PC
Chapter 12: 3.03 – MASTER LOCAL SEARCH
- 12.1 Local Listing Accounts & On-Page SEO and Local Links
- 12.2 Decide On Your Name, Address, and Phone
- 12.3 Set Up My Google Business Page
Chapter 13: 4.01 – Initial Decisions
- 13.1 Create a Photography Website
- 13.2 Photography Business Names | How to Choose
- 13.3 Photography Domain Names | How to Choose
- 13.4 Best Website Builder for Photographers (Updated for 2019)
- 13.5 One Website vs. Separating Your Blog
- 13.6 How to Create Multiple Websites to Improve Your SEO
Chapter 14: 4.02 – WORDPRESS AND Squarespace
- 14.1 WordPress for Photographers
- 14.2 Recommended WordPress Plugins for Photographers
- 14.3 Squarespace For Photographers | Pros And Cons
Chapter 15: 4.03 – GOOGLE ANALYTICS
- 15.1 Using Google Analytics to Measure Performance
- 15.2 Google Webmaster Basics for Photographers
- 14.3 Squarespace For Photographers | Pros And Cons
Chapter 16: PAID DIRECTORIES
Modern Preset Pack
Give Your Images a Natural, Clean Style
Mood Preset Pack
Warm, Organic, Boho, Wanderlust Style
Crush Preset Pack
Give Images a Punch with Deep Blues
Pastel Preset Pack
Refined Film Emulation
Retouch, Dodge and Burn and Much More