Business Course One | The Photography Business Plan: Strategy Vs. Planning
Strategy Vs. Planning
When starting a business, most photographers tend to focus on building a website and showcasing their portfolio. We have found that there are several steps that should precede the website and portfolio. In laying out these plans, one needs to understand the difference between planning and strategizing.
In hockey, if the strategy is to score a goal, then the plan is a specific play.
Here are four pieces of strategy from the BYU Marriott School of Management:
- Where do we compete?
- What’s our unique value?
- What resources/capabilities do we have?
- How can we sustain?
Before answering these questions, however, it’s important to know the area/genre/etc. in which you are competing.
- 1.1 Business Course One | The Photography Business Plan
- 1.2 Introduction
- 1.3 Common Myths + Truths Unknown
- 1.4 Know The Road Ahead
- 1.5 The Lin & Jirsa Journey
- 1.6 Part-Time, Full-Time, Employed, Partners
- 1.7 Respect Yourself. Stop Wasting Time + Money
- 1.8 Your Business Roadmap And Guide
- 1.9 Chapter One Quiz
- 2.1 Great Plans Still Fail
- 2.2 Strategy Vs. Planning
- 2.3 The Business Plan/Executive Summary
- 2.4 The Power Of Mind Mapping
- 2.5 Step One: Select A Focus
- 2.6 Step Two: Basic Market Research
- 2.7 Step Three: S.W.O.T. Analysis
- 2.8 Step Four: Target Market Personas
- 2.9 Step Five: Values, Vision, Mission
- 2.10 Step Six: Creating Short + Long-Term Goals
- 2.11 Effectively Managing Your Time
- 4.1 Selecting The Entity And Registering The Business
- 4.2 Liability And Insurance
- 4.3 Protect Yourself With Contracts
- 4.4 Why You Need Accounting
- 4.5 Good Data Equals Good Decisions
- 4.6 Using The Gear And IT Guide
- 4.7 Q&A
Total Course Run Time: 7H 50M 44S
ACCESS TO INDUSTRY-LEADING EDUCATION
Let SLR Lounge guide you in your photography journey with the best photography education and resources. Browse our complete, comprehensive solutions and take the next step in your photography.