Business Course One | The Photography Business Plan: Step Four: Target Market Personas
Step Four: Target Market Personas
For the client side, it’s important to carefully target your audience and market accordingly. You should know your clientele’s personas (a representation of who your clients actually are) so that you can craft a clear message that will resonate with them.
Consider these possibilities regarding your client’s persona. Are they…
None of these clients are the same or even in the same genre!
Create a mind map for lifestyle as well as consumer behavior to determine your target client. Ideally, your marketing should target clients that meet 90% of the results on your mind map.
Next, you will form client personas and document the results in the workbook (06_Personas):
- Basic: Age, location, profession, income
- Story/Bio: Give the person an actual story
- Needs: Define their typical need
- Brands: What are the brands they identify with?
Your brand identity and message must resonate with your personas; otherwise, you will need to shift how you might market! One way to craft an effective marketing style for your client’s persona is to look to major brands that he/she consumes.
- 1.1 Business Course One | The Photography Business Plan
- 1.2 Introduction
- 1.3 Common Myths + Truths Unknown
- 1.4 Know The Road Ahead
- 1.5 The Lin & Jirsa Journey
- 1.6 Part-Time, Full-Time, Employed, Partners
- 1.7 Respect Yourself. Stop Wasting Time + Money
- 1.8 Your Business Roadmap And Guide
- 1.9 Chapter One Quiz
- 2.1 Great Plans Still Fail
- 2.2 Strategy Vs. Planning
- 2.3 The Business Plan/Executive Summary
- 2.4 The Power Of Mind Mapping
- 2.5 Step One: Select A Focus
- 2.6 Step Two: Basic Market Research
- 2.7 Step Three: S.W.O.T. Analysis
- 2.8 Step Four: Target Market Personas
- 2.9 Step Five: Values, Vision, Mission
- 2.10 Step Six: Creating Short + Long-Term Goals
- 2.11 Effectively Managing Your Time
- 4.1 Selecting The Entity And Registering The Business
- 4.2 Liability And Insurance
- 4.3 Protect Yourself With Contracts
- 4.4 Why You Need Accounting
- 4.5 Good Data Equals Good Decisions
- 4.6 Using The Gear And IT Guide
- 4.7 Q&A
Total Course Run Time: 7H 50M 44S
ACCESS TO INDUSTRY-LEADING EDUCATION
Let SLR Lounge guide you in your photography journey with the best photography education and resources. Browse our complete, comprehensive solutions and take the next step in your photography.