Business Course One | The Photography Business Plan: Respect Yourself. Stop Wasting Time + Money
Respect Yourself. Stop Wasting Time + Money
As a self-employed photographer, your time is your most precious resource, so it makes sense to spend it wisely. Although photographers obsess over gear, there’s often more payoff from spending time to develop your skills and learn to communicate than from spending vast amounts of money on the latest and greatest camera bodies and lenses.
Here’s a test to illustrate the point.
Which of your clients can tell the difference between these things or even know what they are?
On the other hand, which of your clients can tell the difference between these things?
- Good communication vs. poor
- Directing into good poses and natural expressions vs. an inability to direct
- Good experiences vs. bad ones
If you answer these questions honestly, then it’s easy to see the value in education. If you’ve been all about the gear, we recommend reversing your mentality because failure is expensive. Here is a breakdown, in fact, of the cost of failure and the cost of education:
And we’ll end with a quote from Sam Levenson: “Learn from other people’s mistakes. Life’s too short to make them all yourself.”
- 1.1 Business Course One | The Photography Business Plan
- 1.2 Introduction
- 1.3 Common Myths + Truths Unknown
- 1.4 Know The Road Ahead
- 1.5 The Lin & Jirsa Journey
- 1.6 Part-Time, Full-Time, Employed, Partners
- 1.7 Respect Yourself. Stop Wasting Time + Money
- 1.8 Your Business Roadmap And Guide
- 1.9 Chapter One Quiz
- 2.1 Great Plans Still Fail
- 2.2 Strategy Vs. Planning
- 2.3 The Business Plan/Executive Summary
- 2.4 The Power Of Mind Mapping
- 2.5 Step One: Select A Focus
- 2.6 Step Two: Basic Market Research
- 2.7 Step Three: S.W.O.T. Analysis
- 2.8 Step Four: Target Market Personas
- 2.9 Step Five: Values, Vision, Mission
- 2.10 Step Six: Creating Short + Long-Term Goals
- 2.11 Effectively Managing Your Time
- 4.1 Selecting The Entity And Registering The Business
- 4.2 Liability And Insurance
- 4.3 Protect Yourself With Contracts
- 4.4 Why You Need Accounting
- 4.5 Good Data Equals Good Decisions
- 4.6 Using The Gear And IT Guide
- 4.7 Q&A
Total Course Run Time: 7H 50M 44S
ACCESS TO INDUSTRY-LEADING EDUCATION
Let SLR Lounge guide you in your photography journey with the best photography education and resources. Browse our complete, comprehensive solutions and take the next step in your photography.