Wedding Workshop One | Communication, Planning, & Happy Clients: Pre-Wedding Talk Through Email
Pre-Wedding Talk Through Email | Transcription
Now this is a reminder of basically what we need to have, in terms of information, prior to the talk through in order to have an effective wedding talk-through.
45-60 days prior, we’re going to send out Template Email #5. Template Email #5 is going to be sent to the client or if you are being directed to a planner, then, of course, send it to a planner so you’re going to get the information from the planner and not the clients, as you’re going to work through the planner. Do I need to say “planner” again? I think not.
All right, so 45-60 days prior we need a few different things. We need the wedding mood board, we need the actual timeline. This is not the rough timeline anymore, the rough timeline would have been something we had gotten prior, if we got it at all. It would have given us an opportunity to discuss things with the clients and so forth, hopefully would have gotten that way early in the process.
With this timeline, when we receive it 45-60 days prior, hopefully, we will send out Template Email #6 right away if we notice a major problem with the timeline. Hopefully, with all of your discussions during the initial meeting, with your opportunities to chat with them during the engagement talk-through, with your opportunities to talk with them during the engagement session, with their own time they went and studied the timeline guide. You gave them all the resources, you gave them all the advice possible to make sure that when you get this, there really should not be any major issues.
What we do is, as long as there aren’t any major issues, we don’t worry about sending this email out prior to the talk through. We’ll have our talk-through, we’ll help make any small modifications as necessary, and then we’ll send this out after the talk-through to kind of confirm all the things that we discussed.
We also want to have the formals and must-have checklist if they do have a few must-have shots.
Again, with a must-have checklist, it’s one of those things that we don’t like. If a client gives it to us, we want to dissuade the use of that because it prevents artistry. We don’t mind if they put a few images into their mood board and label them as must-haves, but we don’t want to get a list of 40-60 items because we’re going to end up just looking to check off items rather than shoot artistically.
We do want our formals list. We also want our wedding VIP list. We also want a wedding hashtag or handle if they have one. These are the items that we want to request so that we can have all the information when going into the talk through. Granted, some of these items, like a wedding hashtag handle, we don’t necessarily need that up until the day of, but we’re going to request it anyway up front.
Okay so that’s all going to go out in Email #5 to the client or the planner. That’s pretty self-explanatory.
- 1.1 Wedding Workshop Part One Trailer
- 1.2 Chapter 1 Intro
- 1.3 The Mission. Consistently Incredible Imagery
- 1.4 The Four Key Skills of the Successful Photographer
- 1.5 Chapter 1: Exercise
- 1.6 Three Tips For Preventing Any Client Frustrations
- 1.7 How Frequently Should You Be Communicating With Your Clients?
- 1.8 Every Client is Your Only Client
- 1.9 Chapter 1: Quiz
The Initial Meeting
- 2.1 Chapter 2 Intro
- 2.2 Know Your Audience
- 2.3 8 Keys To Building Trust With Your Clients
- 2.4 The First 15 Minutes | Part 1
- 2.5 The First 15 Minutes | Part 2
- 2.6 Five Reasons You Need an Engagement Shoot
- 2.7 Discussing The Engagement Shoot | Part 1
- 2.8 Discussing The Engagement Shoot | Part 2
- 2.9 Five Reasons You Should Have Clients Create a Mood Board
- 2.10 Chapter 2: Exercise #1
- 2.11 Discussing the Mood Board | Part 1
- 2.12 Discussing the Mood Board | Part 2
- 2.13 10 Timeline Points to Discuss During the Initial Meeting
- 2.14 Wedding Photography Timeline | 3 Tips On Managing Time Constraints
- 2.15 Discussing the Timeline | Part 1
- 2.16 Discussing the Timeline | Part 2
- 2.17 Chapter 2: Exercise #2
- 2.18 Two Reasons to Create a VIP List
- 2.19 Discussing The VIP List | Part 1
- 2.20 Discussing The VIP List | Part 2
- 2.21 Four Reasons We Love Formals Lists
- 2.22 Discussing the Formals List | Part 1
- 2.23 Discussing the Formals List | Part 2
- 2.24 Discussing Photo Versus Cinema Coverage | Part 1
- 2.25 Discussing Photo Versus Cinema Coverage | Part 2
- 2.26 10 Tips & Reasons to Hire a Wedding Planner
- 2.27 Four Reasons We Love to Promote Using Planners
- 2.28 Chapter 2: Exercise #3
- 2.29 Discussing Wedding Planners | Part 1
- 2.30 Discussing Wedding Planners | Part 2
- 2.31 Chapter 2: Quiz
Prepping for the Engagement Talk Through
- 3.1 Chapter 3 Intro
- 3.2 Post Booking Email & Requests
- 3.3 The Ideal Timeline Planning Guide | Part 1
- 3.4 The Ideal Timeline Planning Guide | Part 2
- 3.5 Preparing For The Talk Through
- 3.6 The Engagement Talk Through | Part 1
- 3.7 The Engagement Talk Through | Part 2
- 3.8 Post Talk Through Confirmation
- 3.9 Chapter 3: Quiz
Engagement Shoot Prep & Communication
- 4.1 Chapter 4 Intro
- 4.2 Preparing for the Shoot
- 4.3 Same Day Location Scouting
- 4.4 The First 15 Minutes | Part 2
- 4.5 The Foundation Posing Framework Primer | Part 1
- 4.6 The Foundation Posing Framework Primer | Part 2
- 4.7 How to Address and Resolve Shoot Concerns | Part 1
- 4.8 How to Address and Resolve Shoot Concerns | Part 2
- 4.9 10 Ways During the Shoot to Build Trust, Confidence, and the...
- 4.10 Four Reasons Why Teasers Are So Awesome
- 4.11 Delivering the Final Engagement Photos
- 4.12 Chapter 4: Quiz
Prepping for the Wedding Day Talk Through
- 5.1 Chapter 5 Intro
- 5.2 Pre-Wedding Talk Through Email
- 5.3 Preparing For the Talk Through
- 5.4 The First 3-5 Minutes | Part 3
- 5.5 The First 3-5 Minutes | Part 3.5
- 5.6 Tuning into Their Vision | Part 1
- 5.7 Tuning into Their Vision | Part 2
- 5.8 Timeline Walk Through | Part 1
- 5.9 Timeline Walk Through | Part 2
- 5.10 Discuss the Family Portraits | Part 1
- 5.11 Discuss the Family Portraits | Part 2
- 5.12 Condensed Itinerary and Information
- 5.13 Chapter 5: Quiz
Wedding Day Preparation & Communication
- 6.1 Chapter 6 Intro
- 6.2 Preparing for the Wedding
- 6.3 Our Wedding Day Arrival Policy
- 6.4 Team Planning Walk Through | Part 1
- 6.5 Team Planning Walk Through | Part 2
- 6.6 10 Ways to Amaze and Impress Throughout The Wedding
- 6.7 How to Address and Resolve Wedding Day Concerns and Case Study |...
- 6.8 How to Address and Resolve Wedding Day Concerns and Case Study |...
- 6.9 Five Reasons to Create a Same-Day Slideshow
- 6.10 Delivering the Final Wedding Photos
- 6.11 Tips On Client Satisfaction, Reviews, & Testimonials
- 6.12 Chapter 6: Quiz