Overview of Chapters
How do you start ranking higher in search results?
The first thing to mention is that SEO takes time. You’re not going to build a house overnight or lose 20 pounds in a week. It takes dedication, and discipline, especially if you’re aiming for very competitive search terms. However, there are things that you can start doing that will yield results in the niche and get you more business almost immediately. SEO is certainly not a destination but a journey and along the way, your business will gain more exposure and continue to grow.
Here’s what we’ll be covering in this book.
Book 1 – Content and Site Structure
Keyword Research – SEO starts with good keyword research, as we’ll cover in Chapter 2. Think of keyword research as determining what your potential clients are typing into the search box. We’ll go through some exercises to help you understand your clients and understand your own business. Your list of keywords will be your SEO roadmap.
Content Creation – Once you’ve determined your keywords, you can start crafting your content to target those searches. The next step is creating awesome content that is both useful and shareable, which we’ll cover in Chapter 3. We’ll teach you the nuances of naming your images, titles of your posts, URLs, and other things related to content creation.
Site Structure and Under the Hood – The next step is site structure and checking “under the hood” of your website. In these chapters, we’ll teach you how to make sure your website or blog is optimized for search. This includes proper linking from page to page and checking all of your title tags, meta tags, headers and other important topics.
Book 2 – Link Building
Building Backlinks – The next step is building backlinks to your site. This is one of the most exciting parts of SEO because link building involves networking, connecting with other sites and much more. There are proper ways to build backlinks and very specific ways of doing it within the photography industry.
Book 3 – Social Media and Local SEO
Social Media – In Book 3, we’ll review Social Media, the new kid on the SEO block. We’ll give you guidance on creating content as well as growing your Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest, and Instagram accounts.
Local SEO – In the last chapter, we’ll cover Local SEO, which is becoming more and more important for photographers. Google continues to increase the significance of the searcher’s location for local businesses like photography studios, so this last chapter will be vital to your SEO success.
Bonus Chapters (Online)
Setting Up Your Website – We do not start with topics like choosing your business and domain name, setting up your hosting, choosing your content management system, and other basic topics. Instead, we include this information in the bonus chapters on our site, which you should read first if you’re still making these initial decisions for your business. Read this chapter at http://slrlounge. com/create-website.
Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools – In the second bonus chapter, we’ll dig into setting up your Google Analytics and Google Webmaster’s Accounts. These are vital tools that you will use to track your progress and discover more ways to grow your business. Read this chapter at http://slrlounge.com/google-analytics.
CHAPTER 1.01 – INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Photography SEO and Web Marketing Intro
- 1.2 Why You Need SEO
- 1.3 Why You Should NOT Hire Out For SEO
- 1.4 Overview of Chapters
CHAPTER 2: 1.02 – SEO BASICS & KEYWORD STRATEGY
- 2.1 How Do Search Engines Work
- 2.2 Understanding Search Results
- 2.3 Search Results Quiz
- 2.4 What is a Keyword
- 2.5 How To Determine Keywords For Your Photography Studio
- 2.6 Using the Keyword Planner
CHAPTER 3 1.03 – CREATING CONTENT
- 3.1 How to Create Great Content
- 3.2 Web Page Ideas
- 3.3 How to Create Great SEO Content
- 3.4 Grow Your Business with Google Image Search
- 3.5 Balancing SEO with Workflow
CHAPTER 4: 1.04 – SITE STRUCTURE
Chapter 5: 1.05 – ACCESSIBILITY, SPEED, AND DUPLICATE CONTENT
- 5.1 Importance of Correct Internal Linking
- 5.2 Broken Links
- 5.3 Under the Hood Accessibility
- 5.4. How to Speed Up Your Site
- 5.5. Avoiding Duplicate Content
- 5.6 Conclusion
Chapter 6: 2.01 – LINK BASICS
Chapter 7: 2.02 – LINK VALUE FACTORS
Chapter 8: 2.03 – NOFOLLOW, RELATED LINKS, & ANCHOR TEXT
Chapter 9: 2.04 – LINK BUILDING STRATEGIES
Chapter 10: 3.01 – THE IMPORTANCE OF SOCIAL MEDIA
- 10.1 Why Social Media is Important?
- 10.2 How to Get Started with Social Media
- 10.3 How to Create Quality Content
- 10.4 How to Post Your Content – Rules and Guidelines
Chapter 11: 3.02 – MAXIMIZING SPECIFIC SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORKS
- 11.1 Use Wedding Slideshows To Showcase Your Work On Social Media
- 11.2 2 Apps To #MaximizeEngagement
- 11.3 Using Facebook to Grow Your Business
- 11.4 Using Twitter to Grow Your Business
- 11.5 Using Google Plus to Grow Your Business
- 11.6 Using Pinterest to Grow Your Business
- 11.7 Using Instagram to Grow Your Business
- 11.8 How to Post Videos and Photos to Instagram From Your PC
Chapter 12: 3.03 – MASTER LOCAL SEARCH
- 12.1 Local Listing Accounts & On-Page SEO and Local Links
- 12.2 Decide On Your Name, Address, and Phone
- 12.3 Set Up My Google Business Page
Chapter 13: 4.01 – Initial Decisions
- 13.1 Create a Photography Website
- 13.2 Photography Business Names | How to Choose
- 13.3 Photography Domain Names | How to Choose
- 13.4 Best Website Builder for Photographers (Updated for 2019)
- 13.5 One Website vs. Separating Your Blog
- 13.6 How to Create Multiple Websites to Improve Your SEO
Chapter 14: 4.02 – WORDPRESS AND Squarespace
- 14.1 WordPress for Photographers
- 14.2 Recommended WordPress Plugins for Photographers
- 14.3 Squarespace For Photographers | Pros And Cons
Chapter 15: 4.03 – GOOGLE ANALYTICS
- 15.1 Using Google Analytics to Measure Performance
- 15.2 Google Webmaster Basics for Photographers
- 14.3 Squarespace For Photographers | Pros And Cons
Chapter 16: PAID DIRECTORIES
ACCESS TO INDUSTRY-LEADING EDUCATION
Let SLR Lounge guide you in your photography journey with the best photography education and resources. Browse our complete, comprehensive solutions and take the next step in your photography.
Modern Preset Pack
Give Your Images a Natural, Clean Style
Mood Preset Pack
Warm, Organic, Boho, Wanderlust Style
Crush Preset Pack
Give Images a Punch with Deep Blues
Pastel Preset Pack
Refined Film Emulation
Retouch, Dodge and Burn and Much More