We have created a collection of 230 handmade textures designed to take your photography to the next level. We started with basic craft papers and physically crumpled them, scratched them, tore them, and even lit them on fire them to create unique and interesting textures. Watch the video or read the article below to see what’s included in the Texture Pack Collection
Note: While the SLR Lounge premium membership includes the exercise file(s) pertaining each particular tutorial in the Texture Pack, it does NOT include full download to the Texture Pack. This addon can be purchased in our store here.
WHO IS THE TEXTURE PACK FOR?
This Photoshop Texture Pack are for photographers and creative professionals of all levels. In the collection, we’ve included step-by-step video tutorials to teach you how to apply textures seamlessly and professionally. They can be used on all types of photographs including but not limited to: wedding photography, landscape photography, commercial photography and street photography.
Included in the Photoshop Paper Texture Collection:
- Over 230 Handmade Photoshop Paper Textures – Each texture is over 20 megapixels, shot on a 5D Mark III
- 2.5 Hours of HD Video Tutorials – These tutorials give you a full understanding of the texturing process and teach you advanced techniques such as frequency separation.
- Full RAW Exercise Files – We also walk through full examples so you can see the process of applying textures in action, applied to a wide range of photographs.
ORGANIZATION AND FORMAT OF THE PHOTOSHOP TEXTURES
We’ve created a systematic and organized approach to using Photoshop Textures. We’ve categorized them into 5 textures: Foundation, Grunge, Burned, Effects, and Blends.
1. FOUNDATION PHOTOSHOP TEXTURES
These 50 Foundation Paper Textures are the original craft papers as well as their crumpled counterparts. Below are a few examples.
2. GRUNGE PHOTOSHOP TEXTURES
We have 80 Grunge Paper Textures, created by taking the foundation papers above and staining them and scratching them to give them more character.
3. BURNED PHOTOSHOP TEXTURES
We also include 30 Burn Paper Textures, created by taking the foundation papers and the grunge papers above and partially burning them. A few of the awesome results are shown below.
4. EFFECTS PHOTOSHOP TEXTURES
We also have 50 Effects Paper Textures, which are additional layers of effects that you can add to existing Paper textures or use as stand alone Paper textures.
5. BLENDED PHOTOSHOP TEXTURES
Within the 2.5 Hours of video tutorials, we teach you how to blend multiple layers of Paper textures to create unique textures that fit a particular image and style. To get you started, we include 23 of these that we’ve created for you. We encourage you to create your own so that you’ll have paper textures unique to your style of photography!
OVER 2.5 HOURS OF TUTORIALS
In the Photoshop Paper Texture Pack Collection, we made tutorials to help photographers (from all stages and disciplines of photography) understand and apply textures. These tutorials will take you from understanding blend modes to creating your own combination of textures in no time!
PHOTOSHOP TEXTURE TUTORIALS | TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1 – How to Texture Images in Photoshop
1. Introduction to the Texture Pack
2. Understanding Blend Modes
3. How to Open Images as Layers
4. Common Texturing Misconceptions
5. Texturing the Newborn Photo
6. Fine Art Texturing RAW Preparation
7. Fine Art Texturing
8. Equestrian Portrait RAW Preparation
9. Equestrian Portrait Texturing
10. Musician Portrait RAW Preparation
11. Musician Portrait Texturing
12. Understanding Frequency Separation
Chapter 2 – Creating Unique Custom Texture Blends
13. Creating Basic Texture Blends
14. Effects for Advanced Texture Blends
15. More Tips for Creating Texture Blends
Chapter 3 – How to Create Handmade Paper Textures
16. How to Create Custom Paper Textures
17. How to Process RAW Texture Files
Here are some sample images from the tutorials:
If this is something you’re interested in please be sure to check out the Photoshop Paper Texture Pack in the store!
CHAPTER HOW TO TEXTURE IMAGES IN PHOTOSHOP
- 1.1 Introduction to the Texture Pack
- 1.2 The Ultimate Visual Guide to Understanding Blend Modes
- 1.3 Tips on Opening and Combining Images Into Layers
- 1.4 Common Texturing Misconceptions Newborn RAW PREP
- 1.5 Texturing the Newborn Photo
- 1.6 Fine Art Texturing RAW Preparation
- 1.7 Fine Art Texturing
- 1.8 Equestion Portrait Texturing RAW Preparation
- 1.9 Equestrian Portrait Texturing
- 1.10 Musician Portrait RAW Preparation
- 1.11 Musician Portrait Texturing
- 1.12 Musician Portrait Texturing
- 1.13 Musician Portrait Texturing
CHAPTER 2: CREATING UNIQUE CUSTOM TEXTURE BLENDS
- 2.1 Creating Basic Texture Blends
- 2.2 Using Effects to Create More Advanced Texture Blends
- 2.3 Additional Tips and Tricks for Modifying and Creating Texture Blends
- 2.4 Exercise | Exercise Unique Texture Blends
CHAPTER 3 HOW TO CREATE HANDMADE PAPER TEXTURES
- 3.1 How to Create Custom Paper Textures
- 3.2 How to Process RAW Texture Files
- 3.3 Exercise | Create Your Own Paper Textures
Total Course Run Time – 9m 46s
ACCESS TO INDUSTRY-LEADING EDUCATION
Let SLR Lounge guide you in your photography journey with the best photography education and resources. Browse our complete, comprehensive solutions and take the next step in your photography.
Modern Preset Pack
Give Your Images a Natural, Clean Style
Mood Preset Pack
Warm, Organic, Boho, Wanderlust Style
Crush Preset Pack
Give Images a Punch with Deep Blues
Pastel Preset Pack
Refined Film Emulation
Retouch, Dodge and Burn and Much More