Business Course One | The Photography Business Plan: Effectively Managing Your Time
Effectively Managing Your Time
Now that we’ve established our goals, it’s time to manage our time, which is critical, especially when you work from home. Here are some tips for setting your schedule:
- Set weekly hours
- Decide daily start/end time
- Calendar everything, both work and personal! (Google Calendar)
- Download Toggl desktop + mobile app
- Track time + activity: This is key for metrics/data
- Effective time = weekly goal
Here are some questions to ask to hold yourself accountable:
- Did you meet your weekly hours?
- Where did your time go?
- How much time was spent on social media?
- Was the time effective (completion of task)?
- How’s your efficiency at a particular task?
- Do we need to hire/outsource a particular task?
Use your hours as a guide in making better decisions. We recommend downloading the “Just Focus” (or a similar) app to help keep track of your time. One great way to focus is the Pomodoro method, which breaks down tasks into fixed-time intervals (25 minutes, for example) of pure focus before taking a break and then starting the next session.
- 1.1 Business Course One | The Photography Business Plan
- 1.2 Introduction
- 1.3 Common Myths + Truths Unknown
- 1.4 Know The Road Ahead
- 1.5 The Lin & Jirsa Journey
- 1.6 Part-Time, Full-Time, Employed, Partners
- 1.7 Respect Yourself. Stop Wasting Time + Money
- 1.8 Your Business Roadmap And Guide
- 1.9 Chapter One Quiz
- 2.1 Great Plans Still Fail
- 2.2 Strategy Vs. Planning
- 2.3 The Business Plan/Executive Summary
- 2.4 The Power Of Mind Mapping
- 2.5 Step One: Select A Focus
- 2.6 Step Two: Basic Market Research
- 2.7 Step Three: S.W.O.T. Analysis
- 2.8 Step Four: Target Market Personas
- 2.9 Step Five: Values, Vision, Mission
- 2.10 Step Six: Creating Short + Long-Term Goals
- 2.11 Effectively Managing Your Time
- 4.1 Selecting The Entity And Registering The Business
- 4.2 Liability And Insurance
- 4.3 Protect Yourself With Contracts
- 4.4 Why You Need Accounting
- 4.5 Good Data Equals Good Decisions
- 4.6 Using The Gear And IT Guide
- 4.7 Q&A
Total Course Run Time: 7H 50M 44S
ACCESS TO INDUSTRY-LEADING EDUCATION
Let SLR Lounge guide you in your photography journey with the best photography education and resources. Browse our complete, comprehensive solutions and take the next step in your photography.