Create a Photography Website
Let’s take a step back and talk about the things you should take into consideration when creating your website. We did not start the book with this section because we wanted you to get familiar with the terminology and the basic concepts of SEO prior to digging into the steps of actually creating your website. Having a basic understanding of SEO prior to finalizing your business name, domain name, content management system (CMS), and a host will help you make the best decisions for your business from the beginning.
Established Photography Studios – If you’ve been established for a long time and changing any of these things is no longer an option, simply skim through the following section. You’ll still pick up a few things here and there that will help your business.
Newer Photography Studios – If you’re a fairly new business and you still have the ability to make big changes, then you’ll want to read in detail. Maybe you’re just starting out, and you haven’t yet decided on a name or maybe you have a name but haven’t done much web marketing. Even if you’re a veteran and you aren’t in love with your current name, it’s never too late to make the switch.
In the following section, we’ll be covering the following:
- Choosing a Business Name and Domain Name
- One Website vs. Separating Your Blog
- Choosing Your Platform & Hosting
- Why Use WordPress for Photographers?
- Why Use Squarespace for Photographers?
- Creating Multiple Websites
- Setting Up Your WordPress Site
- Starting with WordPress Settings
- Recommended WordPress Plugins for Photographers
- 1.1 Photography SEO and Web Marketing Intro
- 1.2 Why You Need SEO
- 1.3 Why You Should NOT Hire Out For SEO
- 1.4 Overview of Chapters
- 2.1 How Do Search Engines Work?
- 2.2 Understanding Search Results
- 2.3 Search Results Quiz
- 2.4 What is a Keyword?
- 2.5 How To Determine Keywords For Your Photography Studio
- 2.6 Using the Keyword Planner
- 3.1 How to Create Great Content
- 3.2 Web Page Ideas
- 3.3 How to Create Great SEO Content
- 3.4 Grow Your Business with Google Image Search
- 3.5 Balancing SEO with Workflow
- 5.1 Importance of Correct Internal Linking
- 5.2 Broken Links
- 5.3 Under the Hood Accessibility
- 5.4 How to Speed Up Your Site
- 5.5 Avoiding Duplicate Content
- 5.6 Conclusion
- 10.1 Why Social Media is Important?
- 10.2 How to Get Started with Social Media
- 10.3 How to Create Quality Content
- 10.4 How to Post Your Content - Rules and Guidelines
- 11.1 Use Wedding Slideshows To Showcase Your Work On Social Media
- 11.2 Increase Instagram Followers With These 10 Tips for Photographers
- 11.3 2 Apps To #MaximizeEngagement
- 11.4 Using Facebook to Grow Your Business
- 11.5 Using Twitter to Grow Your Business
- 11.6 Using Google Plus to Grow Your Business
- 11.7 Using Pinterest to Grow Your Business
- 11.8 Using Instagram to Grow Your Business
- 11.9 How to Post Videos and Photos to Instagram From Your PC
- 12.1 Local Listing Accounts & On-Page SEO and Local Links
- 12.2 Decide On Your Name, Address, and Phone
- 12.3 Set Up My Google Business Page
- 13.1 Create a Photography Website
- 13.2 Photography Business Names | How to Choose
- 13.3 Photography Domain Names | How to Choose
- 13.4 Best Website Builder for Photographers (Updated for 2019)
- 13.5 One Website vs. Separating Your Blog
- 13.6 How to Create Multiple Websites to Improve Your SEO
- 14.1 Wordpress for Photographers
- 14.2 Recommended WordPress Plugins for Photographers
- 14.3 Squarespace For Photographers | Pros And Cons
Total Course Run Time 0S
Tutorials Completed 0 / 56
Quizzes Completed 0 / 1
Assignment Completed 0 / 0