Wedding Workshop Six | Photographing the Details: Controlling High-Intensity Colors
Controlling High-Intensity Colors
Controlling high-intensity colors will be done using the HSL sliders in Lightroom.
After you open the image you wish to edit for controlling high-intensity colors, start by following these steps:
- Apply a preset (such as “soft color” from our Lightroom Presets CC v1.1 system)
- Lift shadows (if necessary)
- Adjust exposure to taste
- Adjust white balance (to have a warmer or cooler tone)
- Make sure that “Saturation” is selected in the HSL box in Lightroom
- Grab the “eyedropper” tool (in the HSL box) and click on the spot in the photo in which the color is too intense. Do not click and release; instead, click and drag the cursor to the left or right (or up and down) to desaturate the colors to taste in the selected area.