Business Course One | The Photography Business Plan: Common Myths + Truths Unknown
Common Myths + Truths Unknown
Note: You can access the downloadable files for Business Course One: The Photography Business Plan here or under the download tab to the right.
Regardless of whether or not you’ve already started your photography business, it helps to pause and ensure that you understand your market as well as review your business plan. For those just starting, this section will also help you effectively launch your business.
Expectations & Aspirations
There are a number of myths in the business of photography.
- “Nobody makes money in photography.”
- “You must have a studio.”
- “Your portfolio has to be perfect.”
- “You need the best camera and lenses.”
- “Any and every magic bullet solution.”
- “Your brand/identity must be perfect.”
- “If you take great pics, you will succeed.”
- “My market/clients won’t pay that price.”
- “Full RAW only.”
- “Working for free is a waste of time.”
Some unknown truths:
- You matter more than your camera/product in the success of your business.
- Education is greater than gear.
- Client experience trumps all.
- The business of photography is more about the experience than the product itself.
When looking over the list of myths and truths, some core takeaways reveal themselves. You don’t have to be the best photographer with the best gear to succeed in the business of photography, and creating a positive client experience can mean the difference between an unsatisfied and a very happy client, regardless of how insanely great (or just great) the photos are.
- 1.1 Business Course One | The Photography Business Plan
- 1.2 Introduction
- 1.3 Common Myths + Truths Unknown
- 1.4 Know The Road Ahead
- 1.5 The Lin & Jirsa Journey
- 1.6 Part-Time, Full-Time, Employed, Partners
- 1.7 Respect Yourself. Stop Wasting Time + Money
- 1.8 Your Business Roadmap And Guide
- 1.9 Chapter One Quiz
- 2.1 Great Plans Still Fail
- 2.2 Strategy Vs. Planning
- 2.3 The Business Plan/Executive Summary
- 2.4 The Power Of Mind Mapping
- 2.5 Step One: Select A Focus
- 2.6 Step Two: Basic Market Research
- 2.7 Step Three: S.W.O.T. Analysis
- 2.8 Step Four: Target Market Personas
- 2.9 Step Five: Values, Vision, Mission
- 2.10 Step Six: Creating Short + Long-Term Goals
- 2.11 Effectively Managing Your Time
- 4.1 Selecting The Entity And Registering The Business
- 4.2 Liability And Insurance
- 4.3 Protect Yourself With Contracts
- 4.4 Why You Need Accounting
- 4.5 Good Data Equals Good Decisions
- 4.6 Using The Gear And IT Guide
- 4.7 Q&A
Total Course Run Time: 7H 50M 44S
ACCESS TO INDUSTRY-LEADING EDUCATION
Let SLR Lounge guide you in your photography journey with the best photography education and resources. Browse our complete, comprehensive solutions and take the next step in your photography.