Consider these valuable tips when shooting a wedding reception:
- Take both graphic and emotive shots – make sure to have the lightning, framing, and composition into consideration so as to shoot graphic but also emotive photos during the wedding reception.
- Speedlight for the win – you can choose a speedlight instead of a video light, as the latter one draws attention to the camera and can make the guests feel a bit uncomfortable.
- Combine on-camera and off-camera flash – for those precious reaction shots, it’s a nice idea to use a combination of on-camera and off-camera flash, as it will genuinely get the event’s happy atmosphere.
- Join the fun – you can even join the guests on the dance floor in order to get better dancing captures.
Quick Recap: Tips for shooting a wedding reception
- Take both graphic and emotive shots
- Speedlight for the win
- Combine on-camera and off-camera flash
- Join the fun