Photoshop Paper Texture Collection
We’re proud to introduce the SLR Lounge Photoshop Paper Textures, a collection of over 230 handmade textures designed to take your artistry to a new level. We started with basic craft papers and physically crumpled them, scratched them, tore them, and even lit them on fire them to create unique and interesting textures. We photographed these papers after each step and processed them in Lightroom and Photoshop to create the final product.
Intended Audience: These Photoshop textures are for photographers and creative professionals of all levels, with step-by-step video tutorials to guide you along the way. They can be used on all types of photographs, including wedding photography, landscape photography, commercial photography and street photography.
Included in the Photoshop Texture Collection:
- Over 230 Handmade Textures – Each texture is over 20 megapixels, shot on a 5D Mark III
- 2.5 Hours of HD Video Tutorials – These tutorials give you a full understanding of the texturing process and teach you advanced techniques such as frequency separation.
- Full RAW Exercise Files – We also walk through full examples so you can see the process of applying textures in action, applied to a wide range of photographs.
Organization and Format of the Photoshop Textures
We’ve created a systematic, organized approach to using Photoshop Textures. We’ve organized them into 5 categories: Foundation, Grunge, Burned, Effects, and Blends. Here is a brief rundown of each pack within the collection.
Foundation Photoshop Textures
These 50 Foundation Textures are the original craft papers as well as their crumpled counterparts. Below are just a few of examples.
Grunge Photoshop Textures
We also include 80 Grunge Textures, created by taking the foundation papers above and staining them and scratching them to give them more character.
Burned Photoshop Textures
We also include 30 Burn Textures, created by taking the foundation papers and the grunge papers above and partially burning them. A few of the awesome results are shown below.
Effects Photoshop Textures
We also include 50 Effects Textures, which are additional layers of effects that you can add to existing textures or use by themselves and stand-along textures.
Blended Photoshop Textures
Within the 2.5 Hours of video tutorials, we teach you how to blend multiple layers of textures to create unique textures that fit a particular image and style. To get you started, we include 23 of these that we’ve created for you. We encourage you to create your own!
Photoshop Texture Misconceptions
There is a common misconception that all textures need to have a grungy, over-processed look. While grunge is a possible style of texturing, grunge textures should only be applied to the proper images on occasion. On other images you can apply more subtle textures to alter the complexion of an image without going to the extreme.
Here are a few examples that we work through in the video tutorials:
Photoshop Texture Tutorials | Table of Contents
1. Introduction to the Texture Pack
2. Understanding Blend Modes
3. How to Open Images as Layers
4. Common Texturing Misconceptions
5. Texturing the Newborn Photo
6. Fine Art Texturing RAW Preparation
7. Fine Art Texturing
8. Equestrian Portrait RAW Preparation
9. Equestrian Portrait Texturing
10. Musician Portrait RAW Preparation
11. Musician Portrait Texturing
12. Understanding Frequency Separation
Chapter 2 – Creating Unique Custom Texture Blends
13. Creating Basic Texture Blends
14. Effects for Advanced Texture Blends
15. More Tips for Creating Texture Blends
Chapter 3 – How to Create Handmade Paper Textures
16. How to Create Custom Paper Textures
17. How to Process RAW Texture Files
Access this workshop and community in two ways
Streaming & Video Downloads
Paper Texture Pack and Tutorials
One Time Payment
- Access this workshop only
- Lifetime Access
$39 One time payment – LIFETIME ACCESS
Access all 30+ SLR Lounge Workshops
Just $29/Month Billed Annually
- Access this workshop + All other workshops
- Access expires with inactive subscription
$348 / yr – Unlimited Streaming