Spotlight On Hasselblad Heroines: A Celebration Of Female Photographers
Hasselblad Heroines shines a light on female photographers as they make their mark in what has been typically referred to as a male-dominated industry. Initiated on March 8th, on International Women’s Day, Hasselblad Heroines was created to focus on celebrating and highlighting the achievements of female photographers worldwide. Through weekly spotlights, each Heroine shares her experiences, tips, and inspiration to fellow photographers. Hasselblad will conclude the first installment of the 2019 series today with a total of nine featured female photographers.
Included in the series are The Following Photographers:
- Pei Ketron, a travel and commercial photographer based in San Francisco, California
- Shelby Knick of Los Angeles, California, who focuses on adventure and automotive photography
- 2018 Hasselblad Master Tina Signesdottir Hult from Norway, who specializes in fine art, portraits and conceptual themes
- Cooper & Gorfer, comprised of artists Sarah Cooper and Nina Gorfer based in Gothenburg, Sweden, with their work focusing on the female aspects of cultural identity
- Anna Devís, a trained architect living in Valencia, Spain who concentrates on creative, conceptual photography
- 2018 Hasselblad Master Kamilla Hanapova, a photographer based in St. Petersburg, Russia, who has a passion for portrait, beauty and architecture photography
- Seattle, Washington-based wedding photographer Kristen Marie Parker
- Hasselblad 2018 Master Slovakian photographer Maria Svarbova, who focuses on space, color and atmosphere.
“We created the Heroines features to add depth to the variety of experiences and perspectives we share in our channels. We hope these stories offer both inspiration and insight to other photographers looking to master their work,” said Sarah Martzloff, Hasselblad Social Media Manager.
Find all of the Hasselblad Heroines’ stories, images and video interviews here: https://www.hasselblad.com/heroines/
Below are some images created by the Featured Heroines. All images are displayed with the permission of Hasselblad. Do not copy of modify without consent.
Be sure to visit https://www.hasselblad.com/heroines/ to find all of the Hasselblad Heroines’ stories, images and video interviews as they keep growing.