For some time now, Sony has been laying the foundation upon which to build it’s imaging empire. One of the most crucial weight-bearing aspects of their infrastructure has been the customer support provided to their professional customers; or up until now, the lack thereof.
Along with announcing their first “pro” camera in the A9, Sony announced that it would be increasing its support, both in quality and quantity, including walk-in locations in New York and Los Angeles, 24/7 phone support, and next day equipment replacement. So if you’re planning to buy in, here’s a look at life on team Sony.
- Dedicated phone and email support
- Monday to Sunday (7am – 4pm PT)
- 3-day repair turnaround time
- Invitation to special events
- Evaluation loaners (try before you buy)
- Repair facilitation loans, if turnaround time is not met
- Three camera and/or lens maintenance services
- Covered inbound/outbound shipping cost
- Minimum of 2 Sony Full-Frame Cameras
- Minimum o 3 Sony-Zeiss and/or G-Master Lenses
- Be an active and full-time professional
- Provide professional work samples
Sony has been building a lot of momentum towards becoming a viable option for working photography and video professionals whose work demands that their manufacturer of choice is available to deliver complete and competent support. They’ve been filling the holes in their product line and now they are working on rounding out the entire Sony experience.
Consumer confidence is one of the major factors that help both and Canon and Nikon retain their base and now Sony is looking to further chip away at that confidence. If you’d like to apply, you can do via the Sony Alpha Universe site here.