Sigma just announced their latest version of the Quattro series of DP camera, the DP1, during Photokina. Their other Quattro series camera, the DP2, which features a 35mm fixed lens, has seen a nice price drop as a result.
The DP2 has received great reviews for its image quality and performance, while always being a great conversation starter with its unique design and style. Featuring Sigma’s latest Foveon technology, the Quattro series of DP cameras offers superb image quality and resolution to match.
Sigma DP2 Quattro Specs
- 29MP Foveon X3 Quattro CMOS Image Sensor
- TRUE III Image Processing Engine
- 30mm f/2.8 Lens (35mm Equivalent: 45mm)
- 3.0″ 920k-dot TFT LCD Screen
- ISO Range: 100-6400 in 1/3 Steps
- RAW Image Capture
- Max RAW Resolution of 5,424 x 3,616
- Contrast Detection Autofocus
- Manual Focus Ring
- P/S/A/M Exposure Control
As I mentioned above, the DP2 has a nice little price drop since the DP1 was announced (I know, odd to have the 1 come after the 2). It has gone from $999 down to $899. Anyone interested can find the deal here.