Following up on the success of its June events, Sigma just announced its Dealer Workshop lineup for the month of July, featuring five specialty workshops. Photographers of all levels can refine their skills through these Sigma expert-led workshops with unique hands-on experiences that range from photo safaris to airshows. In addition, attendees will have the opportunity to try out Sigma’s hottest lenses (Including our personal favorite, the 35mm f/1.4 A)!
[Related Reading: My Three Favorite Prime Lenses & How To Use Them For Portraiture]
Sigma July Workshops:
- Sigma Workshops at New England Camera Club Conference 2019
- Where: Amherst, MA
- When: July 12-14, 2019
- Attendees can visit the Sigma booth at the New England Camera Club Conference to check out the line-up of lenses and sales promos at Hunt’s Photo. There will be a variety of engaging workshops led by Sigma representatives covering popular topics like macro, portrait and insect photography. Sigma lenses will be available on loan.
- Where: Geneseo, NY
- When: July 12-14, 2019
- Attendees are invited to visit the Row Photo booth where Sigma sales rep, Lee Frost, will be on hand to answer questions. In addition, Sigma lenses will be available on loan, providing the perfect opportunity and setting to test drive the new Sigma 60-600mm Sports lens!
- Where: Royal Oak, Michigan
- When: July 20-21, 2019
- Hosted by Woodward Camera, Sigma Representative Brian Matsumoto will be at the Detroit Zoo for a unique Photo Safari experience. Attendees will have a full hour to try out a collection of Sigma telephoto lenses including the new Sigma 60-600mm Sports lens and enjoy the Zoo before the gates open to the general public! Photo Safari Leaders will also be available to answer any questions about photographing the amazing animals that live there.
- Where: Santa Rosa, CA
- When: July 21, 2019
- Hosted by Shutterbug Camera and led by Sigma’s Lew Held and Aaron Norberg, the day will begin with a seminar on photographing zoo and wild animals. Attendees will then board safari trucks to learn more about the animals and take photos of their own. Sigma lenses will be available on loan. The workshop will be followed by a group dinner and photo review.
- Where: Muskegon, MI
- When: July 26-27, 2019
- The Camera Shop-Muskegon and Sigma Pro Dave FitzSimmons will host two engaging animal photography workshops. The first will cover the ins and outs of macro photography when shooting insects. The second workshop will focus on dog photography techniques followed by a hands-on shooting demonstration with dogs from a local rescue shelter. Attendees will get a chance to try out sought-after Sigma lenses like the 150-600mm Contemporary and 35mm Art.
[Related Reading: Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8 Sports Review | Is Sigma Outclassing The Name Brands?]
As always, full details for each of Sigma’s July workshops can also be found on the Sigma Event Calendar.
*Images shared with permission from Sigma. Do not share or edit these images without direct written permission from Sigma and the Copyright holders.