Panasonic GH4, $1699 Body – Preorders Now Available
Panasonic has been quiet about the final price of their new GH4 since making the promise that it would be under $2000. Well, keeping to their word, it appears that the price of the GH4 will be $1,699 for the body – according to B&H. I believe that this makes it the cheapest camera capable of recording 4K (not including smartphones, of course).
Panasonic GH4 Specs
- 16.05 MP Digital Live MOS Sensor
- DCI 4K 4096×2160 at 24p
- UHD 4K 3840×2160 at 30p/24p
- Full HD up to 60p
- 3.0″ 1,036k-Dot OLED Monitor
- 2,359K-Dot OLED Live View Finder
- Support for 59.94p, 23.98p, 50p, & 24p
- 4:2:2 8-Bit or 10-Bit HDMI Output
- High-Speed 49-Point Autofocus
- Magnesium Alloy, Weather-Sealed Body
The GH4 is expected to be available near the end of April, but if you want to make sure you are one of the first to get this camera, pre-orders are now available. As mentioned above, $1,699 for the body only or $3,299 with the interface unit. If you would like some more details on the GH4 make sure to check out our recent “First Impressions” post.
What are your thoughts on this development? Do you think the GH4 is priced right? Share your opinion below to join the discussion.