“Amore Mio” is a short sample film made by Joe Simon using the new Panasonic GH3, one of the hottest new mirrorless cameras. We will be performing our own extensive review on a full production Panasonic GH3 very soon, so stay tuned for that!
As you can see here, the GH3 is capable of creating some gorgeous footage; the colors and dynamic range look very promising, and the 1080p detail looks great as well. When we perform our own review, we will be very interested in seeing how the camera performs in low light at high ISO’s, and how the dynamic range turns out in both video and still photography…
A few more details about the GH3:
- 16.05 megapixels – “Digital Live MOS Sensor”
- Micro 4/3 sensor and lens mount
- Magnesium Alloy construction, with weather sealing
- 1080/60p 50Mbps IPB and 24p 72Mbps ALL-I
- Venus engine image processor with 4 CPUs
- OLED monitor and live view finder
- Contrast auto focus system
- Full-area focusing and pinpoint AF (something traditional DSLR users are dying to have!)
- Built-in Wi-Fi links to smart devices
- Auto HDR for still photographs
Overall, the GH3 sounds like a dream camera in an ultra-light package. So, as usual with these types of cameras, the proof is in the pudding. Namely, the overall real-world performance, and of course the image quality. So far things are looking very good, so keep an eye out for our full review in the coming weeks!
Until next time, keep on clicking!