Panasonic Leaks, Canon 5D Rumors, Pocket Wizard Ditches MAC, & GNARBOX in Today’s Daily Roundup
Welcome to our roundup series where we will hit on several gear news and rumor topics each day. This gives you a chance to get caught up on all of the day’s news and rumors in one place. Make sure to check back daily for the latest gear news, rumors and announcements.
Panasonic FX300 & GX8 Leak Online
Panasonic’s two upcoming cameras just leaked online ahead of their coming announcement. The FZ300 is a small micro 4/3 system camera that looks very similar to Sony’s RX10 series.
Leaked FZ300 Specs
- 12.1MP MOS sensor
- New Venus Engine
- Lens 25-600mm F2.8.24 times zoom with 35mm equivalent
- 1cm macro
- 4K photo. 4K video (30p). Full HD 60p
- Highest sensitivity ISO6400
- EVF organic EL. 1.44 million dots. Magnification 0.7 times
- 3 inches 1.04 million dot LCD monitor. Bali angle. Touch panel
- Camera RAW development
- Adopt a new type of linear motor in AF motor
- 3.5 times the AF speed FZ200. Ultra high-speed AF
- DFD correspondence
- 5-axis Hybrid OIS +
- Wi-Fi built-in. Possible connection to the smartphone-tablet. QR code connection
- The size of 131.6 x 91.5 x 117.1mm
- Weight 691 g
The new GX8 also leaked, and it looks very similar to the A6000 series. Its viewfinder appears to be adjustable, which is a neat feature.
- 20 Megapixel sensor
- Dual IS (on sensor and on lens working together)
- 2.36 million dot organic EL tilting EVF
- Dust and water resistant
- magnesium alloy body
- 4K Photo · 4K Video
- Free Angle 1.04 million dot organic EL monitor
- Wi-Fi, NFC, QR code connection
- Continuous shooting 8 frames / sec in the AF tracking
- Body color is black and silver
Canon 5D Mark IV Rumors
Canon’s upcoming 5D Mark IV may not be the incremental upgrade that we have come to expect from Canon in recent years. According to the latest rumor buzz out of Canon Rumors, the new camera will likely feature a 24MP sensor and shoot less than 8FPS.
CR goes on to note that Canon is pouring a lot of R&D dollars into the Mark IV project with an eye to really step up their game and release a product that is seen as a clear step up from the current Mark III.
Pocket Wizard Drops MAC Group, Moves To Direct-to-Dealer
It may be more difficult to get your hands on Pocket Wizard products at your local photography stores soon. Pocket Wizard has officially dropped the MAC Group as their official US distributor and has elected to move to a Direct-to-Dealer model.
This will likely not affect the big stores and online retailers much if at all, but smaller mom and pop type stores may experience some delays getting Pocket Wizard products in the near future during the transition from MAC Group to dealing with Pocket Wizard directly.
GNARBOX: Edit & Share HD Footage On Your Phone
Every once in a while you come across a new product that sounds really impressive, GNARBOX is one of those products. This unique product allows you to store and process HD footage anywhere, no laptop needed – just a phone (which basically just acts a monitor for the device).
The GNARBOX is currently (as of this writing) nearing $40,000 in Kickstarter funding towards their $100,000 goal. If you agree that this product could be a game changer for run and gun shooters looking to get footage shot, processed and uploaded ASAP on location, then head on over to the Kickstarter page and pledge your support.
What are your thoughts on today’s roundup? What news/rumors did we miss? What would you like to see covered in future roundups? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think!