Tonight, Olympus announced what they are calling “The OM-D For All,” in the new OM-D E-M10. The new camera boasts many features from its more expensive siblings, like the OM-D E-M1 & OM-D E-M5, but in an affordable package that should make it a very attractive option for anyone looking at getting into a MFT (Micro Four Thirds) system.
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Specs
- 16.1MP Live MOS Sensor
- TruePic VII Image Processor
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 1,440k-Dot EVF with 120 fps Refresh Rate
- 3.0″ 1,037k-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- In-Body 3-Axis Image Stabilization
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- FAST AF System and 8 fps Shooting
- Color Creator and Built-In HDR Modes
It has the looks of a pretty impressive entry level MFT camera. I would think that with the features that it has, and the price point that it is coming in at, this should be a popular choice for consumers who like the look and feel of an MFT system.
If you are interested in grabbing one of these for yourself, you can head on over to B&H where pre-order links are already setup and ready to go. You can grab yourself the Body only for just $699, or a kit with a 14-22mm lens for just one hundred dollars more at $799.