Nikon D5500 DSLR | Nikon CES Announcements
Nikon made some waves with it as well, making it the first ever Nikon DSLR to feature a touch screen. That is quite an achievement for a mid-range crop body, but I suppose it will allow Nikon to get the kinks out of its DSLR menu before implementing it (or not) on higher end bodies.
Regardless, touch screen goodness aside, the D5500 also offers your usual Nikon step up upgrades. Some better picture profiles, improved shooting modes, and some small size/weight differences. Overall though, the touchscreen IS the upgrade from the 5300 to the 5500.
Nikon D5500 Specs
- 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- 3.2″ 1,037k-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi
- Continuous Shooting up to 5 fps
- 39-Point Multi-CAM 4800DX AF Sensor
- Native Sensitivity to ISO 25600
- Built-In Intervalometer