The Nikon D4s has had its share of the rumor mill spotlight since its development was confirmed and announced by Nikon back at CES. Now, if the latest rumors are to be believed, the camera is set to be officially announced and unveiled next week, on Tuesday February 25th.
If that is in fact the case, and the new Nikon D4s is announced next week, then it is very possible that the first chance for many of us to view and play with the D4s (not behind glass) will be at WPPI in Vegas from March 3rd through 5th – something I will definitely be looking forward to checking out.
So, in case you are not up to date on the latest rumored specs and details on the D4s you can check them out below, including a link to the first D4s image samples available.
Nikon D4s Rumored Specs
- New focus mode: now can use 3D-Tracking in 9 or 21 points group
- Native ISO: 100-25,600
- Improved time-lapse movie recording: can change interval shutter in 1/6 stop (adjustable)
- White balance can be fine tuned by 0.25-0.50 Kelvin
- You can adjust the color tone of the camera LCD screen
- Same resolution as the D4 (16MP)
- HD movie at 60 fps/1080p
- Small change in the body design
- Same price as the D4 ($5,996.95 in the US)
- Shipping will start in March or latest April
- The first sample images taken with the D4s are already available online
What are your thoughts on this D4s? Is it worth an upgrade from the D4, or will this just be a new option for people already considering a D4? Do you think it will be announced next week? Share your thoughts below to join the discussion.
[via Nikon Rumors]