The following resource documents the changes made to the SLR Lounge Website. This will be continually updated so that you can see what’s new on our site. We are working hard on improving our community by fixing website bugs, refining existing features, adding new features, and developing community interaction. If you have any suggestions, please submit your ideas via the question mark in the top menu.
2014/12/15 – Added Biweekly Prize for Most Helpful Community Member within Constructive Critique
To reward our helpful community members within our construct critique section, we’ve added bi-weekly prizes for top point earners for that two week period. Every two weeks, the count resets and the new period begins. Each time a new period begins, a new prize is announced, (though some periods might feature the same prize as the previous period). The number of up-votes is the primary factor for determining the winner, so quality of critique submissions matters more than quantity of critique submissions. If you’re a member of our community, you’re already eligible to play! Participate here: slrlounge.com/critique
2014/11/14 – Added Bookmark Feature
Added ability to “save” articles. These articles appear in a community member’s “bookmarks.” This feature allows community members to save their favorite articles for later reference.
2014/10/30 – Introduced New Store Layout
The SLR Lounge Store got a makeover to feature larger images with an emphasis on usability and client experience.
2014/10/08 – Added Constructive Critique Section
Constructive Critique section created to allow community members to improve photography skills by giving and receiving critique on their images. Critiques are only open for a limited window so a winning critic can be crowned. The gavel indicates the number of critiques submitted for a particular image. Image Submitter indicates the limitations and challenges faced while creating the image. Critiques submitted are voted up or down; and the critic with the highest net positive votes wins the prestigious title of top critic. Points are distributed based on the number of critiques given. Points pool increases with the number of critiques submitted; and distribution occurs once time remaining expires. The “points available” indicates the number of points available for distribution to top 5 critics.
2014/08/25 – Added Photo Contests Section
Photo Contests section created to give community members a place to showcase work and win prizes. Participants are allowed to submit one entry per contest. Community members are allowed to vote on multiple images. The number of votes influences the final determination of a single winner. Prizes are sponsored by retailers. Retailers are responsible for delivering the final prize to the winner.
2014/07/28 – SLR Lounge Lightroom Preset Recipes Section Created
Recipes section created for the thousands of SLR Lounge Lightroom Preset community members to share “mixologies,” our term for unique combinations of presets. Community members can add Lightroom recipes to share and compare with others. Community members give the recipe a title, upload an original photo (before the recipe is applied), and upload the same photo after an effect is applied.
2014/06/15 – Game System Created
The initial system included the following features:
- The Experience Bar – Tracks your progress and activity in the community. Community members can read, comment, reply and participate to gain points and unlock new features.
- The Leaderboards – Shows community members activity and standing in the SLR Lounge community
- The Notification Center – Gives updates based on subscriptions and interactions within the community
- Mark as Read and Quizzes – Mark articles read and take quizzes to track learning and earn points
- Subscribe to comments – Receive notifications when comment threads being followed are updated
- Profile Pictures – Personalize profile and gain points by adding profile and cover photos
- Stat Center – Shows accumulated points and an overview of a community member’s community activity
- Portfolio – community members showcase best work, gain levels to unlock new slots.
- Milestones – Earned by completing actions such as reading an article or also by completing your profile. Milestones can only be earned once
- Badges – Achieved by completing actions. They differ from milestones in the sense that each badge can be earned multiple times. An example would be first to read an article badge
- Camera Bag – Allows community members to display items in their camera bag.
- Subscribe – Receive notifications and emails whenever there are updates within a particular topic