Good news! Adobe just released new updates on both Lightroom 4 and Camera Raw. The Lightroom 4.2 Release Candidate and Camera Raw 7.2 Release Candidate include the usual bug fixes, lens profiles, and camera profiles. Because they are Release Candidates, the updates have an expiration date. It’s not a big deal, though, since by then the final version of the updates will be released.
Some of the notable highlights include a fix on the tethering issues with the Nikon D4, D800, and D800e, new camera support including the Pentax K-30, Panasonic G5, and the Sony RX100, and new lens profiles including the Canon 40mm f/2.8 pancake lens.
You can download the Lightroom 4.2 Release Candidate here.
The following bugs that were part the Lightroom 4 releases have been corrected. The team appreciates the very detailed feedback the community has provided on Lightroom 4 and we’re excited to correct a number of issues experienced by our customers.
These issues have been FIXED:
- Folder stacks with virtual copies get unstacked when moving to another folder
- Stacked photos get hidden in both the Grid view and Filmstrip. This occurs when photos get unstacked as a result of enabling auto-stacking.
- Errors encountered when publishing videos to Facebook through the Facebook Publish Service
- Users may have occurred problems when trying to enter the Web Module from Library.
- Unable to edit JPEG photos in Photoshop Elements
- Unable to upload files to Flickr if there is a carriage return in either the Title or Caption fields (Win only).
- Background graphics that are applied to a Book globally may not appear as expected in a Saved PDF.
- Certain book covers had spine text positioned in a Horizontal manner, not Vertical.
- Double byte characters are not being exported to PDF in Books
- Photos were exported with original GPS coordinates recorded by the camera, not with the GPS coordinates updated in Lightroom.
- Keyboard shortcuts in the Develop module sometimes do not work when editing an image in Process Version PV2010.
- Parents and synonyms of “do not export” keywords also do not export.
- Audio does not play in video files after creating a slideshow containing music (win7 only)
- Tether support not working for Nikon D4, D800 , and D800E (win only)
Please provide feedback on your experience with the Lightroom 4.1 Release Candidate in our Feedback Portal (link – http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family)
New Camera Support in Lightroom 4.2 Release Candidates
Lightroom 4.2 RC now supports the Albums functionality in the recently released Adobe Revel 1.5.
Adobe 7.2 Release Candidate
Camera Raw 7.2 and DNG Convertor 7.2 Release Candidates are now available on Adobe Labs This release includes bug fixes, new camera support, and new lens profiles. Camera Raw 7.2 Release Candidate includes tools to recover image sensor data typically lost when shooting in a camera crop mode (e.g., 3:2, 16:9, 1:1). Photographer can view the entire recorded image and are not limited to just the crop mode selected in camera*. This functionality is available to the newly supported cameras in both Lightroom 4.2 RC and Camera Raw 7.2 RC.
* – note that this feature does not work in Nikon or Panasonic cameras as cameras from these vendors crop the raw data to the chosen aspect ratio.
New Camera Support in the Camera Raw 7.1 Release Candidate
New Lens Profile Support in the Camera Raw 7.1 Release Candidate
Canon Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM
Canon Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM
Canon Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Canon Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Canon Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM
Canon Zeiss Distagon T* 2/25 ZE
Canon Zeiss Distagon T* 1,4/35 ZE
Leica LEICA APO-SUMMICRON-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH.
Leica LEICA APO MACRO SUMMARIT-S 120 mm f/2.5 (CS)
Leica LEICA ELMARIT-S 30 mm f/2.8 ASPH. (CS)
Leica LEICA SUMMARIT-S 35 mm f/2.5 ASPH. (CS)
Leica LEICA SUMMARIT-S 70 mm f/2.5 ASPH. (CS)
Leica LEICA APO ELMAR-S 180 mm f/3.5 (CS)
Leica LEICA VARIO-ELMAR-S 30-90 mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH.
Leica LEICA SUPER-ELMAR-S 24 mm f/3.5 ASPH
Nikon Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Nikon Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR
Nikon Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM
Nikon Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 DI VC USD A007N
Nikon Zeiss Distagon T* 2/25 ZF.2
Nikon Zeiss Distagon T* 1,4/35 ZF.2
Pentax Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 XS
Pentax Pentax smc DA 50mm F1.8
Pentax Pentax smc DA 645 25mm F4 AL (IF) SDM AW
Pentax Pentax smc D FA 645 25mm F4 AL (IF) SDM AW
Pentax Sigma 18-50mm F2.8-4.5 DC HSM
Sigma Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM
Sony Sigma 18-50mm F2.8-4.5 DC HSM
Sony Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro
Camera Raw 7.2 Release Candidate Notes
These items have been FIXED in Camera Raw 7.2 Release Candidate:
- Cannot change “Erase” size, feather and flow settings while utilizing the Option key.
- Cannot write metadata to images previously opened in some 3rd party software.
- Luminance Noise slider is unresponsive when Clarity is greater than 0.
- In certain cases, the new Defringe controls can cause vertical streaks to appear.
- Some images from Canon 5D Mark II exhibited pattern noise in the form of maze/green split artifacts.
- Adjusting the Blue channel does not affect monochrome images.
- Certain TIFF files can cause Bridge to become unstable.
- Defringe settings are not retained when editing the file in Photoshop as a Smart Object and then returning to ACR.
Known Issues in Camera Raw 7.2 Release Candidate:
A high number of artifacts exist in ACR text fields in the Panel. This occurs only in OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
The File-Quit menu item is greyed out in DNG Converter. Please use keyboard shortcut Command+Q to exit out of DNG Converter. This occurs only on the Mac platform.
$100 Off Premium
1,500+ Lessons, 30+ Workshops
33% Off Visual Flow
Designed by SLR Lounge & DVLOP
2020 Holiday Gift Guide
Ideas for All Budgets
Black Friday Deal Tracker