New Pentax 645z Boasts a 51MP Sensor with an Insane 204,800 Max ISO
We shared the rumors just before the weekend that Pentax was getting set to announce the new 645z, and it appears that the rumors were true. The new medium format camera comes equipped with a 51MP sensor capable of a max ISO of 204,800 making it likely one of the best MF bodies for low light shooting on the market.
Pentax 645z Specs
- 51.4MP CMOS Sensor – 43.8 x 32.8 mm
- Prime III Image Processor
- Anti-Alias Filter-Less Design
- 3.2″ 1037K Dot Tiltable Air-Gapless LCD
- Full HD 1080 60i/30p/24p Video Capture
- ISO Sensitivity Range of 100 – 204,800
- SAFOX II TTL 27 Point Autofocus System
- 3 fps Continuous Shooting
- Weather Sealed Magnesium Alloy Body
- Pentax Flucard and Eye-Fi Compatible
The new Pentax 645z will be offered for an incredibly low price (for a MF body) of $8,500, making the barrier to entry for anyone interested in jumping into the MF world that much easier.
If you have $8,500 available to purchase such a camera, they are now available for preorder over at B&H.
What are your thoughts on the new Pentax 645z? Do you think that a MF option so cheap is a step in the right direction towards making MF more accessible? Leave a comment below to discuss.