New Leica T System Introduced As Easy To Use And Hard To Forget
It has been rumored for a little while now, and today it was made official. Leica has announced their new mirrorless ‘T’ system, and it actually looks pretty solid – if you can get over the price.
Leica T System Announced
Leica T Specifications
- 16.3MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- Solid Aluminum Alloy Unibody Design
- 3.7″ 1.3M-dot TFT LCD Touchscreen
- Contrast-Based Autofocus System
- Continuous Shooting at up to 5 fps
- Full HD 1920 x 1080p Video at 30 fps
- Built-In Flash with GN of 15′ at ISO 100
- 16 GB Internal Memory & SDXC Card Slot
- Wi-Fi Connectivity & Leica T App for iOS
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
I am actually pretty impressed with this mirrorless offering from Leica. The Aluminum unibody is an interesting design feature that I think is pretty cool. The most unique feature has got to be the 16GB of internal memory, which is pretty much unheard of (for some ridiculous reason) in today’s cameras.
The biggest downside, as with all things Leica, is the extremely high pricing. This new Leica T camera will run you just over $1800 for the body only. That is just under what I paid for my full frame Canon 6D brand new.
Still, if you happen to be a Leica fan, you can now pre-order the new T camera over on B&H.
What are your thoughts on this new system and camera from Leica? Do you think it will appeal to a wider demographic, or is this still a rich mans camera like most Leica cameras are?