GoPro has resisted for a long time, but has finally given in and introduced a model featuring an LCD screen – and a touch screen at that. The new GoPro HERO+ LCD announced earlier today will retail for $299.
GoPro HERO+ LCD Specs
- Supports 1080p60 Video
- Take 8 MP Still Photos
- Built-In Touch Display + Speaker
- Integrated 131′ Waterproof Housing
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connectivity
- Time Lapse and Burst Photos Up to 5 fps
- App for Shot Preview / Camera Operation
- Share Footage / Stills to Social Media
- Includes Skeleton and Touch Backdoors
- Includes Flat and Curved Adhesive Mounts
The question here is how this affects the battery life of the GoPro Hero+ LCD. According to GoPro, with the LCD and WiFi Off, you can expect 2 hours of continuous recording; turn on the WiFi and that drops to 1 hour and 45 minutes. Interestingly, they do not tell you how long the unit will last with both the LCD and WiFi being enabled, so we will have to wait for reviews to see how that goes.
Overall, this is a welcome addition to the GoPro line and something that I know many have been waiting for. The new GoPro Hero+ LCD will be available starting June 7th for $299. You can head on over to B&H to be notified when pre-orders begin.