New Announcemens From Panasonic & Yongnuo in Today’s Daily Roundup
Welcome to our roundup series where we will hit on several gear news and rumor topics each day. This gives you a chance to get caught up on all of the day’s news and rumors in one place. Make sure to check back daily for the latest gear news, rumors and announcements.
Panasonic GX8 and FZ300
We talked about the rumors a few days ago and today, Panasonic made it official, announcing their new GX8 and FX300 cameras. You can find specs and pricing information below.
GX8 Official Specs
- 20.3 MP Digital Live MOS Sensor
- Venus Engine Image Processor
- Micro Four Thirds System
- Tilting 2.36m-Dot 0.77x OLED EVF
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- 4K UHD Video Recording at 30/24 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- 10 fps Shooting with AF-S and ISO 25600
- DFD AF System, 4K Photo Modes
- In-Camera Image Stabilization, Dual I.S.
The GX8 will hit the market at $1197, putting it up against some stiff competition from other upper mid-range APS-C offerings. The GX8 will be available August 16th and if you are interested, pre-orders are now open over at B&H here.
FZ300 Official Specs
- 12.1 MP 1/2.3″ MOS Sensor
- Venus Engine Image Processor
- Leica DC Vario-Elmarit f/2.8 Lens
- 25-600mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 1.44m-Dot 0.7x OLED EVF
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Free Angle Touchscreen
- 4K UHD Video Recording at 30 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- ISO 6400, 12 fps Shooting, 4K Photo Mode
- 5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S.+, DFD AF System
The FZ300 will hit the market at $597.99 making it one of the best valued 4K capable cameras, and combined with its 25-600mm equivalent F/2.8 Leica lens, this is a serious option for the bridge camera crowd. The FZ300 will hit stores around September 16th and is now available for pre-order over on B&H here.
Panasonic Announces New Lenses
In addition to the new cameras in the section above, Panasonic has announced the development of two new lenses: the Leica 100-400mm and Lumix 25mm.
Panasonic is developing the first LEICA DG 100-400mm / F4.0-6.3 telephoto zoom lens (35mm camera equivalent: 200-800mm) for the Micro Four Thirds system standard to expand the lineup of its DSLM digital interchangeable lenses.
Panasonic is also developing a LUMIX G 25 mm/F1.7 single focal length lens. This lens is a 50mm (35 mm camera equivalent) single focal length lens with a large diameter. The 50mm focus distance offers almost the same viewing angle and sense of perspective of human eyes which means users can enjoy shooting a portrait or scenery as they see it.
Both of these lenses are just development announcements, meaning they are not going to be available any time soon.
Yongnuo Announces New YN685
- Guide number (GN) of 60 at Iso-100, 200mm
- 3-second recycle time
- TTL, Manual and Multi (stroboscopic) flash modes
- FEC ±3 stops (in ⅓ EV increments)
- Full to 1/128 manual adjustment
- High-speed sync support up to 1/8000 second
- 20–200mm zoom head
- 2.4GHz radio master and slave for YN622C, YN622C-TX, RF-603 (II), RF-605 triggers and YN560-TX, YN560IV flashes:
- Flash triggering
- Remote setting of flash modes and zoom settings
- TTL and flash exposure compensation
- Manual power adjustment
- Wireless group control (except RF-603 and RF-603 II)
- Support for external high-voltage battery packs (Canon CP-E4 type)
- Prontor/Compur (PC) sync port
As for pricing and availability, both are unknown at this time. It usually takes a couple weeks (sometimes months) for Yongnuo announcements to make it here to the states. But now that Yongnuo is carried at B&H, maybe it will happen sooner.
Stay tuned, we will keep you updated on pricing and availability once we know more.
What are your thoughts on today’s roundup? What news/rumors did we miss? What would you like to see covered in future roundups? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think!
Modern Preset Pack
Give Your Images a Natural, Clean Style
Mood Preset Pack
Warm, Organic, Boho, Wanderlust Style
Crush Preset Pack
Give Images a Punch with Deep Blues
Pastel Preset Pack
Refined Film Emulation
Retouch, Dodge and Burn and Much More